Copy a value (year dimension) to a Monthly dimension module and Version dimensions

Hi,
We are struggling to find a way to get our "Bill Of Materials" in Anaplan.

I would like to enter values for a Bill Of Material for our products with a year dimension. The consumption of the raw materials is valid for the whole year. Furthermore the Bill of Material is valid for all Custom Versions:
Below is the idea how the Bill of Material should look like (the raw materials is a list)

After completing the consumption, these values should be imported to a module with a monthly dimension and custom versions.

In the monthly module we calculate the cost price of the product. This is based on the Bill of Material and the raw material price of that month.
So far, I did not manage to get the consumption of the materials in above module in all months and all versions.

It would be great if anyone could help me to solve this :-)

Thanks in advance for looking into our issue!

Jo Maassen

Best Answers

• Hi,

There are different ways to solve this problem: -

1. You can use simple Yearvalue formula to bring data from module 1 to module 2
    2. If you dont want to use formula → you can create a staging module with all dimensions similar to output module and apply yearvalue formula → import data into output module based on Action run

I would prefer approach 1

V.Sai Bharadwaj

Connect on LinkedIn

• pyrypeura
    Answer ✓

I'd assume that you want store these to module by version and month in case these values change during the year? If this is the case then you'd need to do as @Sai_Bharadwaj_Venati suggested as option 2 and import values to target module through a staging module.

Option 1 suggested is viable only if values won't change during the year or you don't need to calculate anything based on historical values.

Answers

• Hi both,

Thanks for your quick response.

The yearvalue formula works as you described. I tried the formula before, but then it gave me the total value of all materials. But now it shows exactly the result that i want to see.

I think i stick with the formula for now. If we would need to change the Bill of Material during the year, we can always create the staging module and do a copy.

Thanks again for your help!

best Regards,

Jo