I want to lookup for previous year March values. For example if my current month is june FY24, then i want to lookup for March FY23 Values.. how can i make this lookup.
Hi @Amankrydv!
For such things you can update Anirudh's approach.
E.g. Create line items "Current year" with Year format and formula period(currentperiodstart())
Then instead of FINDITEM(Time, "Mar FY23") use FINDITEM(Time, "Mar " & NAME(Current year - 1)) It will give you March item for previous year
Make sure you change current period every year, since this approach uses it to identify current year
Thanks, Konstantin
Create a line item in a module with only time dimension and call it March FY23
Set the format to Time Period - Month and use the following formula
FINDITEM(Time, "Mar FY23")
Make sure the cell is populated. That depends on what exactly the time period is called in your model
Then in your module where you want to hardcode the number across all months, use the formula:
Data[LOOKUP: Time Module.'March FY23']
This is considered hardcoding so there might be better ways to get the same result but this should work for now, let me know if it does!
Thanks Anirudh but that didn't answer my question. I want March month of Previous Years. For example, if I am in FY24 then I need March of FY23, similarly if I am in FY23, I need lookup for March month values of FY22.
For those seeking the most optimal solution, here it is:
Example pertains to Diminishing Value calculation, but it can be applied to any scenario requiring a lookup of past year values. In this case, we use the total last year diminishing value to reduce the opening balance for the next year.
Step by step:
Hi everyone 👋 If you build or maintain Anaplan models, you've probably hit the same walls I kept hitting. Some basic questions about a model's structure have no single screen to answer them. You end up clicking through modules and pages one by one, or writing API scripts just to get a list. These were the gaps that…
Hi Everyone, We have a requirement in Anaplan Consolidation & Reporting (Fluence) where the Entity Structure needs to change effective January 2026. The key requirement is that the existing entity structure should continue to be applicable for all reporting and consolidation periods through December 2025, while the new…
We've been building a tool called aplan4sheets and we'd genuinely like input from this community — both on what we've built so far and on what we should prioritize next. The problem we set out to solve: Anaplan's Excel add-in is Windows-centric, and there's no real native way to pivot Anaplan data in Google Sheets. We…