How to apply logic where we can cumulate the values of list items without time?

2»

Answers

• Will an other list in the same module effect the formula ?

• rob_marshall
    edited August 2023

@Madhumanasa

Of the module and formulas of the Reset? line item and the Rank line item.

***Edit - Sorry, I read it too quickly…Yes, another list would cause an "issue" because of the dimensionality…Are you saying the original question had an additional list that you didn't disclose?

• I actually am focusing on the particular list but I got a doubt would it have an impact, yeah the original module had an other list which is the plan an employee is assigned to do sales,

active commission components is the other list that the module has, assigned employee transactions is the list for which we should get cumulative of the values for each active commission component

• @Madhumanasa

The above does not help, I need to see the Reset? and Rank functions in action, as in the results. And yes, I had the the Reset? and Rank line items in a SYS Module, only 1 list. Having them in a module with multiple lists will change the results.

• You want to see the system module that I created having reset lineitem?

• @Madhumanasa

Ok, that is not a SYS module as that has multiple lists and because of that, the formulas will be different. Do you really need both lists or will only one do? Meaning, are both of these lists in the transactional module with the Sales metrics?

• I need both the lists because for each type of plan the employee does sales, so type of plan should be a selector.

• @Madhumanasa

But the reset needs to be on the Employee list only, hence the SYS Employee module that does the reset and the rank.

• Hi Rob, i tried removing other list in sys module, the result is still the same

• @Madhumanasa

Ok, but the above does not help, I need to see the how the Reset and Rank line items are working…So that means you will have to show me the SYS Employee module (not in blueprint mode). I need to see if the Boolean is correct from a data perspective.

• Oh Okay, data is working fine here

• @Madhumanasa

and it resets at the next parent?

• @Madhumanasa

Good, so are all set? If not, please share pictures of the issue.

• Hi Rob, Sys module is working fine but the original module where we should get the cumulative is not getting accurate results

• @Madhumanasa

As I said previously, pictures would help tremendously.

• As said, the cumulative function is not working properly, it is not giving the cumulative of the sales.

• @Madhumanasa

Without knowing the dimensionality of that module, that picture doesn't help. I am guessing you have the Emp list, time, and potentially other lists, but that is only a guess.

• Hi Rob, I tried removing other list from the SYS module and also the source module where cumulate function is to be applied, But still I am getting the same result which is not cumulating the sales

This is the dimension for the System module and also the source module that I need cumulate in, but the values are not according to the requirement.

can you please help? again if i drill down on the lineitem I am able to find only the single value for the second sale that is 1,703,147 but the cumulate is showing some numbers

• @Madhumanasa

Change your other dimension to a detailed member.

• I dont have any other dimension applied currently, its only the sales that an employee does.

• can we apply a logic where in we could get the previous sale value in the current sale in other line item so that adding up both can be the cumulative, is it possible within the list item?