3.3.7.2 Add DCA to INV01 Inventory Ordering - Level 2 Sprint 3

Options

The hint for this module is below:

Below is my work:

My formula is different than what the module hint suggested and was wondering if it still works.

For simplicity in my explanation I will name each line A-E

A. Submit Purchase Order Request?

B. Override Suggested Order Amount?

C. Override Amount

D. Override Shipping Method?

E. Override Method

my formula for Override Shipping - Write? : If D is True then I can edit

the formula hint aiming at: If A and D is True then I can edit override method

It seems unnecessary requiring BOTH A and D to be true in order for me to edit: Because D cannot be True Unless A is True:

The same applies to Override Amount line - Write?

My formulas are: Submit Purchase Order - Write?: 'INV01 Inventory Ordering'.Submit Purchase Order Request?

Override Amount line - Write?: 'INV01 Inventory Ordering'.Override Suggested Order Amount?

Override Shipping- Write?: 'INV01 Inventory Ordering'.Override Shipping Method?

It seems to worked but am not sure if I am missing something? If that makes sense

Answers

• Hello,

Based on the information provided, it seems like your formulas should work correctly.

For the override shipping formula, if line d is true, it means that the shipping method can be edited. Since line d cannot be true unless line a is true, it ensures that the purchase order request has been submitted before allowing the shipping method to be edited. Therefore, requiring both a and d to be true is not unnecessary in this case.

Similarly, for the override amount formula, if line c is true, it means that the order amount can be edited. Since line c cannot be true unless line b is true, it ensures that the suggested order amount has been overridden before allowing the order amount to be edited. Therefore, requiring both b and c to be true is also necessary in this case.

Your formulas seem to be correctly capturing the logic and dependencies between the lines. However, it is always recommended to thoroughly test your formulas and scenarios to ensure they are working as expected.