Data Not Importing - 8.5.3 Activity : Import Data Into Volume Input Module

Options
JOHNFLOOD
edited September 2023 in Academy Discussions

Hi Folks,

I am currently on this Lesson in the Anaplan course. Data is not importing from the Volumes + Imports.CSV that I have download. I can see what I believe is the problem. The dates on the .CSV file are for 2019, where in my model they are for 2023. I assume I can just adjust the dates on the .CSV file to match the dates on my model ?

Has anyone come across this before ?

Cheers,

John.

Best Answer

• AlejandroGomez
    edited September 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @JOHNFLOOD

I do not know which course in particular you are taking, but generally speaking it is not part of the course to set the current year of your model to 2023. Usually for training courses you need to assume we still are in 2019 or 2020 and therefore set your time settings to 2019 or 2020 being the current year (i am not sure which specific year is the current one and how many future and past years you need, but at some point in your training this must be specified). In this way, all your data will be loaded successfully, and it is much easier rather than updating all the dates in the data source files!). Then you should be fine.

Cheers

Alex

Answers

• Hi Alex,

Thanks for that, I will try to put my model to 2019.

Cheers,

John

• Hi @JOHNFLOOD. If you do not manage to load the data successfully, could you specify which course and lesson you are taking, please?

• Hi Alex,

Yes, that worked. I had the model set to 2023, instead of 2019. Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

John.