How to make Total Final Allocation as 100% ?

Options

Allocation% will be loaded into this module which is dimensioned by Channels and Country.

For some channels, Allocation% shall be Held or Overridden. Here required output is to get Total Final Allocation% as 100%. But, I end up with having Total Final Allocation% same as Total Allocation%. (Here 74%)

The below snapshot shows, how I calculated the multiplying factor for channels (that are not Held or Overridden).

Am I missing something? Please do suggest

Thanks,

Vamsi

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Tiffany.Rice
    edited October 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Vamsi,

I think the question you need to ask yourself is where with the calculation process should you include logic to allocate that residual 26%? If the user does not input values that net to 100% what is the expected output of the calculation?

My presumption is that you need another line item to pro-rata spread the residual value (100% - Allocation % for All Channels). If hold or override is selected then you would not include those values in the basis for the residual reallocation. Quick mock up below to illustrate

Answers

• Hello @Tiffany.Rice, Thanks for the suggestion. I have modified the logic in the factor formula. Please find previous formula in the earlier post. Here," Held or Override" allocation% subtracted from 100% to know the remaining allocation% and it is distributed to channels which are not Held or Overridden according to their initial allocation%.

The below snapshot shows Total Final Allocation% as 100%

Thanks,

Vamsi