Check if there's a value in any version

Options

I'm trying to build a filter that will only show list items that have values in them regardless of the version.

Is there an elegant way of checking for a non-zero value in any version?

The two ways I know of doing this is to create line items for each version using [SELECT: Versions.version] and adding them up.

Or using NEXTVERSION() nested.

This works ok until you have many versions in the model and the maintenance becomes a pain.

Are there any other ways of doing this?

Best Answer

• anirudh
    Answer ✓
    Options

I would never recommend this except as a last resort, but you can drop in a 4th dimension in Rows and even more although I've never tried that out

Do note that Anaplan really dislikes nested dimensions and views open up very slowly

Drop in your extra dimension in the rightmost corner of the last dimension and it should pivot successfully

Answers

• Version is a discrete dimension in Anaplan similar to Time. Other lists work contiguously. So I believe the best way to filter for non zeroes is to SELECT out each version as you noted. Or to pivot the versions into page selectors and set the filter to Current Page which should work well with the filter line item also having the version dimension

• Thanks for your response.

Problem is that you can't pivot with more than three dimensions. This is the problem I'm facing.

• Hey, thanks Anirudh. This is a game changer for me. I didn't know you could do this.

It is a last resort and users would not normally be loading this view, it was only created for actions.

Really appreciate your help with this.