How to create a Dynamic Filter for the user in a UX page?

Options

Hello!
How can I create a filter like this one where the user can select what to filter?

Best Answers

• umangsinghal
    Options

Create a list formatted line item then make that in a module with no dimension. Then create the same list formatted line item in main module where you want to use this filter. And put formula in that lineitem: "If ISNOTBLANK(No dimension Module.Lineitem) then Main module.lineitem = No dimension Module.lineitem" else False.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

• umangsinghal
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

You can see this filter on NUX by placing a field card on page then source it to No Dimesion Module. And don't forget to apply the filter on main module.

Regards,

• vermssilva
    Options

One more question: currently the module view does not change immediately when I change de option in the filter - I have to refresh the page to see the changes. Is there a way to solve this?

• umangsinghal
    Options

You can create a button to Refresh the page named as Apply Filters. Use Action card> Data Write> Select Boolean line item.

Create a boolean lineitem with no dimension and reference that lineitem in your Action card. This button can be used to refresh the page.

Regards,

• umangsinghal
    Options

Change Year Lineitem to dependent on Cycle.

Create a property in Cycle list> format it to the Year list>Click on format of Year lineitem in module> Check the Dependent checkbox > Select Cycle list and the property from dropdown.

Regards,

• umangsinghal
    Options

@vermssilva You are checking at Configure actions on Card. Drag and drop the Action card and edit it then you'll be able to see the Data Write option.

Regards,

• Ashutosh
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @vermssilva

For your below question , pls find find the below solution (Answer ):

Question:
    I have another question: when using two filters, how can I establish a relationship between the options given in the second filter and the selection made in the first?

Example in the image:
    [ considering the hierarchy: Year » Cycle (Parent) ]

If I choose 1st Cycle, whose children are 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Year, it should not be possible to choose 5th Year.

Answer:

U need to on dependent dropdown from the backend. To activate dependent dropdown , Follow the below steps:

1. Select the Year Line and go to blueprint view and click on Format
    2. Click on dependent:

3) Choose the first line item , circle. It will show according to 1st selection.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Ashutosh

Answers

• Thank you very much @umangsinghal this was a great help!

• Thank you very much!
    I have another question: when using two filters, how can I establish a relationship between the options given in the second filter and the selection made in the first?

Example in the image:
    [ considering the hierarchy: Year » Cycle (Parent) ]

If I choose 1st Cycle, whose children are 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Year, it should not be possible to choose 5th Year.

• Thank you so much this worked perfectly.
    About the "Refresh Button" I do not have the option to create a data write action in my interface, is this common?
    Am I looking in the wrong place?