A grateful look at Anaplan's growth and Community impact

Options
mhibbs
edited March 20 in Blog

Author: Madison Matous is a Certified Master Anaplanner and Solution Architect at Akili Inc.

The weather is staring to get cooler, and leaves are changing colors (neither completely apply in Texas though 😊) which means Thanksgiving in the U.S. is right around the corner.

"Okay, I'm in my sweatpants! Bring on the food."

— Joey Tribbiani, from the television show Friends

Before we move on to the yummy food and gatherings with family and friends, I want to recap how thankfulness is present within Anaplan and my career.

As I’ve spent the last several years within the Anaplan platform, it’s amazing to see the growth within the product features of the platform. It’s that weird mix of “it feels like it was just yesterday” and “I can’t believe I ever lived without…” that stir a feeling of gratefulness for the latest product releases. Breaking down my top three for the year below:

1. Summary method default for Number line items switched to None instead of Sum.
    It’s the little things, am I right? This update was a big help during development to always ensure line item formats are set to what is needed. It may or may not have taken me longer to untrain my brain from automatically trying to change it anyway though!
  2. Bulk Copy is now an action type that can be enabled by a non-workspace administrator end user.
    This was really instrumental for the end user experience to remain in the app layer for model maintenance activities. It was great to see customers excited about this update too!
  3. Enhanced “quick sum” functionality & automatically opening a saved view after creation.
    I couldn’t decide which I loved more so I had to include them both. These were made available with the most recent platform updates, and I was excited to share the quick sum update with clients. I appreciate the balance between improving the experience for customers and users which is present in both.

Giving back to others is important to the growth of the Anaplan community and the wonderful perspectives and insight shared daily. No gesture is too small! It can be as simple as sharing a new way to develop functionality or providing a listening ear to supporting someone through their Anaplan certifications or challenging build. Sharing your perspective with other Anaplanners and helping troubleshoot development issues through the Community also makes a huge impact to giving back. I would not be where I am today in my career if it weren’t for those who took the time to share their knowledge & expertise with me.

"You can't have Thanksgiving without turkey. That's like Fourth of July without apple pie or Friday with no two pizzas."

— Joey Tribbiani

Similar to the quote above, you can’t have Anaplan without the Anaplan Community and all the wonderful resources available to us. From the trainings within the Learning Center, articles, blogs, how-to’s within the Community and all the people behind the scenes, it wouldn’t be nearly as helpful without you all! Whether I’m looking for a solve to a new challenge or interesting perspectives, the content fellow Anaplanners continue to contribute is something I’m grateful to have and be a part of on my Anaplan journey. Connecting with individuals who inspire and challenge me to think outside the box has contributed to my success and experience within the platform.

Share below — what has the Anaplan Community given you that you’re most thankful for?

Comments

• Well said, Maddie! Couldn't agree more. And I am grateful for YOU! Thank you for always being available to be my sounding board. Happy Thanksgiving!