Level 3 TAR01 Detailed Sales Target

Options
jeehui
edited November 2023 in Academy Discussions

Hi Community,

Needed some advice here.

I understand that in order to get the PY Country and Product Family Sales amount, I will need to use PY actual sales sum by country and product family.

However, how can I get the actual sales by country and product family when both my DAT01 PY revenue (imported from DAT05 in datahub) & DAT02 only has accounts & products dimension? I have tried added G2 Country and P1 Product family dimension, but I encounter error mentioning that there is a mismatch.

Answers

• Hi @jeehui
    In order to get data in Module DAT01 Baseline financial forecast (Spoke model) which should dimensionalized by Country & Product Family, you can download & Import the csv file attached to course of L3 (Specifically Sprint 1> User story 1.1 > lesson 2.2 > Model Building specification.

Hope this will help. Thanks

• Hi @drishtibanga ,

Yes, I have my Baseline Financial Forecast import from the above CSV file, with both G2 country and P1 Product Family as my dimensions.

However, in order to get the PY Country and Product Family Sales amount in TAR01 Detailed Sales Target, my solution was to reference to the prior year actual sales, which was DAT02. But I encountered a message while trying to reference to DAT02, which states that the dimension cannot be match.

• drishtibanga
    edited November 2023
    Options
    1. Kindly rename your module TAR01BaseLine Financial Forecast to DAT01Baseline Financial Forecast (Dimensionalized with Country & Product fAMILY)
    2. You are referencing TAR01 To DAT02 which is not correct.
    3. Create another Module DAT03 PY Actual Sales Revenue dimensionalized by Flat Product list & A1 Accounts.
    4. Import data from DH to Module DAT03.
    5. Insert formula in DAT02 and take ref from DAT03. Hence formula should be 'DAT03 PY Actual Sales Revenue'.Revenue[LOOKUP: 'SYS03 Account>Product Details'.'A1 Account', LOOKUP: 'SYS03 Account>Product Details'.Product Flat, LOOKUP: 'SYS00 Time Settings'.PY Qtr]

Hope this helps!

• Hi @drishtibanga ,

Thank you for the detailed steps. Yes, I have completed the above since the above was to build 4.6.5 of Level 3 Sprint 1.

But currently I am stuck at retrieving the PY Country & Product Family Sales in TAR01 Detailed Sales Target.

1. You can create one new calculation module CALC01 dimesionalized by Country & Product family. Create a line item their, have data from DAT02 by using SUM.

Ref: 'DAT02'.CY Revenue[SUM: 'SYS03 Account>Product Details'.'G2 Country', SUM: 'SYS03 Account>Product Details'.'P1 Product Family']
    2. Use CALC01 & have the formula in TAR01.

Ref: 'CAL01'.'PY Product & Country'[LOOKUP: 'SYS03 Account>Product Details'.'P1 Product Family', LOOKUP: 'SYS03 Account>Product Details'.'G2 Country']

Hope this helps!

• Dikshant
    edited December 2023
    Options

@jeehui,

Steps mentioned by @drishtibanga are correct, and the rationale behind this is that first you sum up your CY revenue at G2 Country and P1 Product Family Level. And then lookup the same numbers for the respective account, as each A2 Account>Product in the TAR01 module belongs to a G2 country and a P1 product family in the system module.