Using Cloudworks to schedule a Process

Options

Hi All,

I have an Anaplan Process which is used to transfer data from Module to Module within the same Model. This process is required to be run every month on 1st.

I created a Cloudwork Schedule for this. The Cloudwork schedule is able to run the Process, but I notice that data is not getting transferred.

My model doesn't have any selective access enabled. The source module has DCA but there aren't any DCA target module.

Anyone faced a similar issue? Please let me know your suggestions.

Regards,

Vivek

Best Answer

• Tiffany.Rice
    Options

Hey Vivek, I haven't personally experienced this but my hypothesis is that the issue is within the source module DCA.

Does the cell access driver leverage the User list? If so, there is not currently a means to assign access to the "Internal (Full Access)" account which runs the CloudWorks processes.

https://help.anaplan.com/internal-full-access-acd4e16b-e9ac-45c4-950c-c51f0635e83e

If this is the case, perhaps you can work around the restriction by creating a separate line item or module that references the restricted line item. Do not apply DCA to that new import staging line item and leverage it for the module to module copy.

Answers

• @vivekdasgupta

I would suggest reviewing the process in more detail as Cloudworks doesn't do anything special, it just runs what it is given. For example, when you run the process outside of Cloudworks, does it give you the desired results? Does it work for you, but not others (security issue)? Also, you might want to check the view being used within the Actions, do they make use of delta loads where once run, there is nothing in the view to load until new/updated information has been created.

• @rob_marshall - Thanks for your response. The Process does work outside of Cloudworks, if run manually. It's always a Full update. No Security issue either looks like, works outside of Clouldworks, for multiple Roles.

• @rob_marshall - Thanks for your response. The Process does work outside of Cloudworks, if run manually. It's always a Full update. No Security issue either looks like, works outside of Clouldworks, for multiple Roles.

• @Tiffany.Rice - I also have a feeling that DCA is the issue. Anapedia suggests the same.

Unfortunately, we are using this process for Snapshot. Lots of attributes and transaction modules are involved. Creation of new modules will be an additional maintenance for us.

I'm now leaning to have the schedule run via Anaplan connect batchscripts.

Your thoughts @Tiffany.Rice , @rob_marshall ?