What is 1)User Journeys 2)Concurrency Scenarios

Options

i want undersatnd what is User journey and Concurrency scenarios .

also, if Please explain me in simple words of Sanatizing model and masking

Best Answer

• TristanS
    Answer ✓
    Options

@143kishornaidu

• user journey - refers to the series of steps or interactions that a user goes through while engaging with a system. It encompasses the entire experience from the initial contact with the technology to achieving a specific goal or completing a task. For example, user journey for an HR Manager looking to hire a new employee would go through the following steps:
      • Add role vacancy in HR system
      • Send approval request to fill role vacancy in HR system
      • After approval is granted, forward role details to recruitment agencies to start candidate search
      • etc etc
    • concurrency scenario - test what happens when more than one person tries to run something at the same time. In Anaplan, actions/processes that are manually triggered by users tend to cause problems. For example, an Anaplan process that copies a list item. The process has the following action steps
      • Increment a counter line item by 1
      • Use the value of the counter as the code for the new list item
        • I actually ran in to concurrency issues with the scenario above, the steps above is far simpler than the process I executed which had at least 10 steps in it. But what happened was as follows:
          • User 1 clicks copy function
          • counter increments to value of 2
          • User 2 clicks copy function
          • counter increments to value of 3
          • new list item created by User 1 uses code value of 3
          • new list item created by User 2 uses code value of 3 (problem here. as you have 2 list items trying to use the same code). Also if you notice the sequence of execution, Anaplan did not run the copy function sequentially per user. E.g. it didn't complete user 1's copy before doing user 2's copy. It executed half of user 1's request then executed user 2's request before going to user 1's request again. That's what I actually experienced.
    • Sanitizing model and masking. I'm assuming you mean data sanitising and masking. In that case, you do that to prevent confidential / personal data from being exposed. For example, you have an HR system that has people's information such address, dob, phone numbers. What used to happen is that companies would copy production "live" data in to their development and test environments which is bad practice and illegal depending on which country are in. Cause developers shouldn't see people's real addresses and phone numbers. So what is usually done is you sanitise or mask the data so it removes all personal information. For example, you can go through a process of changing the names, dob and address via some algorithm, the data you copied from production. In terms of Anaplan, this may be the clients FY sales and revenue forecasts. This would be highly confidential for stock market listed companies so would be best to sanitise the data