Import Financial Transaction Data

Options

I have a financial transaction file I receive every night. This file contains multiple rows that contain the exact same data in each field. Is there a way to import these rows without failing the duplicate checks?

Answers

• Thanks Vanshika but using a numbered list still requries a unique code or unique combination of properties to import. I have neither.

• @bolinl1

Is it possible to fix the data at the source where they do a distinct on the data before it gets to you?

• bolinl1
    edited January 12
    Options

Potentially yes…but we are trying to avoid changes to the current process if possible. We are dealing with financial transactions. So we would have to sum on all the distincts and that is a rigourous/costly build out.

• VanshikaSingh
    edited January 12
    Options

• @bolinl1

Are you loading the transactional data to the lists, are you? Typically, you create the "code", which should be unique as the list, and then load the transactional data to a module dimensionalized by the list and by Time.

• @bolinl1

If you are loading transactional data to the list, take a look at this article, especially this graphic…

• bolinl1
    edited January 12
    Options

We are experimenting on various solutions of how to use ANAPLAN for this scenario. We have many, many loads where we have the code for the list then import the rest of the data into a module. This build out is unique in that we are trying to avoid having to change the current export and/or build a preprocessor to generate a code. Basically we want ANAPLAN to work as the preprocessor and generate the unique code for us. We bought ANAPLAN to reduce IT need. Unfortunately the requirement to always have a code is hindering this effort.

• It would be good if we could use the Enforce Unique Name logic to create the names with the Tildes and not need a code or unique identifier based on properties.