Export with different dimensions

Options

Hello,

I am trying to make an export. In my Export, I need to show on a column category Int and category Ext (both on same column). The problem that I have is that the domensions that I need to use for this information are in the Children of my dimension. Let me make a scheme;

Dimension A - the one I have to use

Dimension B (child of A) - with Subset sB - in the Subset I have my Category Int

Dimension C (child of B) - with subset sC - In the subset sC i have my Category EXt

In my Export module, i need to show somehow the two categories Int and Ext linked to the elements of Dimansion A. Any ideas? Maybe a Lis would help? Tryed several but Im stuck.

Thanks

Answers

• If I understood this right, you're trying to use both a parent level and two child levels into same view.
    Anaplan doesn't allow this for good reasons.

One alternate is using flat lists - You can use flat list versions of your data as dimensions in the module. Your new module for example can have three dimensions as described above, but Dimensions B and C will be flat and not be children of Dimension A.

• I agree. You can create an import, and out of those two subsets in List A, you can create two flat lists and use those two new flat lists along with List A as a dimension in a new module.

Would like to see a mockup, why you wanted to create such module and what's the use case/ problem statement to think if there is any other solution to it?

• Thanks @Dikshant . Not sure I understood right what you meant by "you can create an import, and out of those two subsets in List A, you can create two flat lists and use those two new flat lists along with List A as a dimension in a new module"? What import are you refering at exacly? So I will leave the initial subsets and create two flat lists with those two subsets?

• @ilincach, Exactly, you can maintain two subsets, but you need to have those items in a separate lists, so that you can have all of them together in a module.