App has some pages unable to change model due to archive

Options

Hi team,

I have made a copy of a model and app and am attempting to change the source model from within the app.

For some reason, every page is set to the same workspace and model, but 90% of the pages are saying the model is archived so I cannot update the source model. I have checked the original app and model and it has the same issue.

I have restored all backups related to the model and none of them corrected the issue.

The app pages also still work.

Here is what it looks like. you can see the workspace and model is the same across all pages.

Answers

• @MatthewWilcox,

Go to Show models and unarchive all the models you see in that list, once you do that, you will be able to see the models on those pages.

Those pages must be linked to a model, which is now archived. This section of Show models will show list of all models linked to any of the pages of the app.

Try this out!

• Hi Dikshant,

under show models its also only showing the single model

• Hi @MatthewWilcox, this could be the result of a few different things. Each of these involve changing the source model in the page settings section (the '…' button shown when you hover over a particular page).

To identify whether there is a "hidden" model associated with the page, navigate to Source Model tab in Page Settings. If you see the dialogue below, there's an underlying model still linked to the page (options 2 and 3). If you don't see this dialogue and "Enable multiple source models" is green, your issue is option 1 below.

1. The Page Has "Enable Multiple Source Models" Turned On
      1. This is the most likely explanation. Even though there technically isn't an archived model tied to that page, you'll see this dialogue.
      2. Go to the page settings in the page section of the app, select Source Model, and disable the Multiple Source Models option.
    2. The Page is Associated with an Archived Model.
      1. What do you see in the rest of the "Manage Models" dialogue? If the page is tied to an archived model, you should see "Model Archived" under the Model Status column.
      2. If you unarchive the model, you can deselect the unneeded model, then unselect "Enable Multiple Source Models"
      3. After this you can re-archive the model.
    3. The Page is Associated with Deleted Model.
      1. What do you see in the rest of the "Manage Models" dialogue? If the page is tied to a deleted model, you should see nothing under the Model Status column.
      2. If you restore the model, you can deselect the unneeded model, then unselect "Enable Multiple Source Models"
      3. After this you can re-delete the model.

• Why isn't it default behaviour to be able to change a page even if the model itself is archived? Is there a reason it's kept locked down?

• @brettnish

Since we cannot assign an archive model to a page, there's no option to unassign the page from the model if it's archived. Try to unarchive the old model copies, that way you will be able to get the page assigned to different model. That's my theory to it!

Get some help from Anaplan Support if they can get the list of associated models from backend.