what Conditional formatting logic to be applied to only highlight highest valued cell and lowest

Options

what Conditional formatting logic to be applied to only highlight highest valued cell and lowest valued cell in a given line item?

Answers

• @salil16

Will need to know more information about the module and the list(s) involved to help further. Do the lists have a Top Level defined?

• Hi @rob_marshall , thanks for getting back. So the list involved wont be having a top level defined

• @salil16

If that is the case, then you will need an additional module to get the overall MAX and MIN (would be much easier if you had a top level member).

• @salil16

Can you tell me more about the module, lists involved, Time, Versions?

• And will you have negative numbers or zero values? Those add an extra level of complication because of the limitations of ‌conditional formatting and lack of dynamic values…

• Hi @MarkWarren ..no..it will have non negative integers only

• @salil16

Can you please let us know the other dimensions/lists in the module and what they look like (top level members on any of them)?

• well, if there are no negative numbers, here's a way to do it using a 'dummy' item to aggregate on. Create a list with only 1 item, this is the dummy. Being only 1 item means we do not increase the cell count when we dimension by it.
    Here's the line item set up:

We're intentionally ignoring blanks, we want the non-zero minimum number and it helps with the conditional formatting:

This produces:

This mostly works - if you have numbers lower than 1, like 0.5, you'll need to set the conditional formatting minimum to that; or just use something like -0.000001.
    I'm sure this could be improved upon and hopefully someone better than me will show that! 😆