Backend Filter not working when pivoted.

Options
Sreeraksh
edited February 20 in User Experience

In NUX, End user have not selected the checkbox for FY22 in the Filter, but the data for FY22 year is still displayed in the table when pivoted by the end user. Is this an Anaplan limitation where backend filters don't work when pivoted by end user?

Tagged:

Answers

• After pivoting, the user specific filter works correctly in NUX.

Here I can see you have used Grid card rather than field card to show Filter checkboxes. In this case a manual refresh is required in order to make the filter work correctly.

Can you check if while pivoting, did user show/ hide the hierarchy levels also.

Check the ideal behavior of filter if no year is selected from filter grid. Ideally it should show all years, which it is doing currently. Select FY23 checkbox and fit refresh bottom on top or Alt+R shortcut to refresh the page.

• @Dikshant After pivoting, user didn't use show/hide the hierarchy levels.

If no year is selected in Filter, the grid would be empty. That is how it is created. There is no default year selected in the grid.

• The Filter works when pivoted in UX.
    I tried this case attached screenshots for reference.
    When Filter is selected below screenshot

When pivoted the filter works - below screenshot FY24,FY26 selected

After Pivot if no year is selected

• @SriNitya Try to create a NUX with the List in Rows and Time, Line items in Column, then try to apply the backend filter for time. And then see if filter still works when end user pivot is applied. I created my NUX like that.

• SriNitya
    edited February 20
    Options

@Sreeraksh Hi
    I tried the case which you mentioned, Time is in Rows if filter is applied and when you pivot the Time to column the backend filter is not working it is showing all years irrespective of time selection
    But when Time is in columns and apply filter even after pivot it is working this can be considered as workaround(reference screenshots) and it works fine based on selection only.

• Hi @SriNitya Thanks for the prompt response. Will try the workaround.

• lesliepa
    Options

@SriNitya I'm having the same problem as @Sreeraksh but haven't been able to find a solution. I want my time filter to work like yours above — it works in the model but breaks on the page, even when time stays as the only dimension in Columns. Would you mind taking a look at my setup below? I can't tell what I'm doing differently from your example above.

• SriNitya
    Options

Hi lesliepa
    I tried the case which you mentioned, Time is in Rows if filter is applied and when you pivot the Time to column the backend filter is not working it is showing all years irrespective of time selection.

Workaround - Time is in columns and apply filter even after pivot it is working this can be considered as workaround(reference screenshots) and it works fine based on selection only.

• lesliepa
    Options

@SriNitya It looks like the time filter holds when the module has Time and only 1 list in Applies To, but not when we have 2+ lists in Applies To. In our example above, we had Area and Account; I removed Account for testing and the time filter does work on the page in this example.

• Sreeraksh
    Options

@lesliepa As per your testing above, I think the backend filters for Time holds true when we don't have nested columns or rows or page selectors. If we have only one dimension (apart from Line items and Time), our Time filters works. Thanks for your observation.