Drive dimension selectors from undimensioned module

Options
michael.chefer
edited February 20 in Modeling

Hi,

Is there a way to drive dimension selectors from a module that has no dimensionality?

I have 2 modules:

1. Select Dimensions
    1. no dimensionality, just line items that are formatted by dimensions entity and department, etc
  2. Income Statement
    1. dimensioned by entity and department.

End-users would like to make entity and dept selections from the "Select Dimensions" and see the results in the Income Statement.

How do I link these two modules so whatever is selected in "Select Dimensions" drives the selectors in the Income Statement?

@Misbah @JaredDolich - do you have any ideas?

Best Answer

• svaliyev
    edited February 26 Answer ✓
    Options

@michael.chefer smth like that (you might have to add a boolean in your 'Select Dimension') and you will need to save it as default view, so that filter won't be reset:

Answers

• Hi

You can use context selectors .

otherwise

if you have system module then You should create a Boolean line item.And write a formula (Source Selection module Entity = system modle line-item entity same for Dept. Apply this in the target moduel)

Or

In the targe module crete two list formated as Entity and Dept Applies to also same dimesion to reduce cell count) and You should create a Boolean line item.And write a formula (Source Selection module Entity = Target module lineitem entity same for Dept. Apply this in the target moduel)

Hope its helps

• svaliyev
    edited February 26
    Options

You also can create attribute in a 'Filter' within 'Income Statement' and refer it to 'Select Dimension' for Entity and Dept lists.

• @samval - Please explain in more detail how to built the attribute that refers to 'Select Dimension' as that has been the challenge.

• @samval

Here's what's on my dashboard. I need the selections on the top to drive the Entity and Dept dimension on the table at the bottom. You're saying create a filter on the module ?

• Hi @michael.chefer exactly, so the idea is that you will select the entity and dept on your 'Select Dimension', which in turn will drive filter selection on your module's saved view. (See similar concept with time on the screenshot below)

Tbh not sure why you need that selection as you already have exact same functionality on your posted module in the dashboard.