How to get display name of list member in users tab for selective access

Options

Hi,

I have exported users access list ,getting only numbers/codes in the selected list write access(Which is a number list)
But I want to see display name of that list member .
Please suggest me if there is any way to sort it out.

Best Answer

• rob_marshall
    Options

@JAGADISH D

Sadly, via Anaplan, you cannot do that…You would have to take exports of the other lists (T2 Sales and T3 District) to get their internal address and do lookups in Excel. But within Anaplan, if you click on the box, you will be able to see the real names.

The reason it does that is #146 and #200 could have the same display name.

Answers

• Jagadi
    edited February 27
    Options

Thanks for your response !

But is there any possible way to show this data(Display name) to user inform of dashboard ?

• @JAGADISH D

Yes, but I am not sure the juice is worth the squeeze as you would need to export the data and then import the data to a module and use the FIND() function for users who have access to multiple list members.

What is the requirement here, do you just want to put this together to show users what they have access to or are you wanting to run the setting of security via modules vs just entering it in via the Users section? If it is the former, you can definitely look at this post, but I honestly wouldn't suggest it as again, the juice is not worth the squeeze (remember, this is on just one list, you would have to replicate the below for all lists requiring security).

• Jagadi
    edited February 27
    Options

I have this requirement, just to export all users for which list items they have access for.
    What function is suggestable to get multiple list members in single cell
    Example : # 148, # 200 result must be North, India in same cell, Like wise #123, #125, #135 …so on

• rob_marshall
    edited February 26
    Options

@JAGADISH D

Not trying to be difficult, just playing Devil's Advocate, but what is the requirement supposed to accomplish?

You will need to load the data into a TEXT formatted line item (remember, Text is bad) and then use the Find() function in order to find the comma to piece out the members (#148, #200, etc). Then you will have to do finditems() on those members to get the Display Name, But, what if that user has access to 3 or 4 or 5 different members? If so, you will have to have "extra" line items to accommodate for that. Then, you will need another line item (Text formatted) to piece them back again.

Again, a lot of work for you as well as the model for little return.

• ravi
    Options

How about you create a UX Page called "Check your Selective Access" or similar. Add the 'T3 District' list on it as a tile. When any user goes to that page they will see only the list members they have access to. This will give them visual confirmation of what they have access to. This also allows them to see their access at all levels of the hierarchy.