Refresh data hub to Spoke model

Options
rmamoune
edited February 26 in Modeling

Hello,

I have two lists on my Datahub.
On the Spoke Model, I import these lists through a saved view, and on Apps I have a spoke model refresh page that should import me the changes made on the Datahub app.

On the Data Hub App: I can add a line to the list and I can delete it. The problem is that when I refresh my spoke model, it updates the row additions but not the row deletions.

Do you have any suggestions please ?

Answers

• Set up a module in the spoke that is dimensioned by your target list and that has a boolean you can use to delete from. We can set that to true before importing from the hub, and we import in a setting of false from the changed list on the hub. This means anything left set to true doesn't exist on the hub, so we can use this boolean to run a delete.

Create a process in the spoke that will…

- Set that boolean to true
    - Import your list
    - import into your 'delete' module from a saved view in the hub with a boolean set to false
    - run a delete action

• Can you please explain more this idea ? "and we import in a setting of false from the changed list on the hub"

I didn't get it well..

• You have to create a process which informs the spoke models that the list is no longer present in the new import.

One way to do this is to import into a system module present in the spoke model a boolean which is populated as true when the list item is included in the import. Set up the import to clear all data in the target line items so all booleans are reset to false prior to the import.

Set up a delete line item in the system module and query as to whether the new line item is NOT true ( this means it is not present and should be deleted ). The delete line item can be used in a delete from selection action to remove it from the list.

Hope this help further.

• I think that you didn't understand well my question because my objective is not to informs the spoke models that the list is no longer present in the new import.

I will explain my problem with an example :

I have a list in my Data Hub ( List of PROJECTS ) and a module REF01 PROJECTS of this list

Project 1 : code

Project 2 : code

I need to import this list to my Spoke Model :

1. I imported the list from a saved view of the module Ref to the list in the spoke model
    2. I imported the list from a saved view of the module Ref to the module "MOD1 PROJECTS" in the spoke model

The module " REF01 PROJECTS " (Data hub) is what I display on my Dashboard. I added a form that gives me the possibility to add a new project and another form to delete connected to a boolean colomn.

After I create a second Dashboard that display the module "MOD1 PROJECTS" (spoke model) that make me refresh with a Process that include (The import the saved view in REF01 PROJECTS from the DH to the list - The import the saved view in REF01 PROJECTS from the DH to the module)

The problem is when I delete a Line in the first dashboard and refresh It doesn't delete what should be deleted (It works only for the Add)