How to bridge the 2 modules with different dimension?

Options

The end goal is to capture the new region from the source module [SYS C4]. However, the source and target module [SYS Sales] have different dimension. In the source module, the code line item automatically updates whenever there is new region plotted. In the target module, the target line item is the new region - the formula is SYS C4.New Region[LOOKUP: SD] but the lookup used which is SD contains the old code which resulting the target line item is blank.

How to formulate this?

TIA!

Answers

• Can you confirm if this is your requirement? Your source module has a line item called region. Your requirement is if any new region comes up in the source module, you want to add that region in the target module which has region as a dimension?

If that's not the requirement, can you provide more details?

• klarr
    Options

Hi

Yes, that's correct! However, the target module has no region as dimension. Attached below is the layout of the 2 modules.

• Do you have a mapping of C4 and Sales? As per your screenshots, your source module has a C4 list and your target has sales. If you want to send values from one module to another that has different dimensions, you need to have a mapping between them.

• klarr
    Options

No, i don’t have yet. Do i need to create new module for the mapping of these two modules? How can i create one?

• Dikshant
    edited February 27
    Options

I just saw that in your target module, you already have that mapping. SD Key is nothing but C4. I saw that FINDITEM was used as well. The reason it is blank is that your C4 list doesn't have those SD keys in it. If you add it manually to the C4 list, it will start populating the New Region as well.

Now the thing is, you might have to find a way to add those SD keys to the C4 key list along with the New Region in the SYS C4 New Region module.

What should be the correct way of adding it? Will users add it manually? Will it come from other model/ system? It depends upon your process.

• klarr
    Options

The SD-Key is based on the uploaded file (csv), the reason why it is not showing in C4. In the SYS C4, there's this code line item which concatenates the new SD. My problem here is SD-Key is not updating the way the C4 updates.

Is there any other way to capture the new SD to target module so that I can use it for lookup in SYS Sales.New Region instead using the SD?

• What is the source of SD Key in Target module at present?

• klarr
    edited February 28
    Options

SD-Key comes from a list.

This is the process flow:
    Sales list [Data Hub] - Sales list [Prod] - SYS Sales [Prod]

• klarr
    Options

Hello @einas.ibrahim hoping you can help me with this. TIA.