[UPDATED] Summary Calculations with the User List

Options
2»

Comments

• It would be nice if we can fetch the first name, last name of a user and somehow get the selective access details in a module with some pre-defined functions or formulas. That would also be another game changer like this users subset and gives more flexibility working with native users list. For now we can export the user info and load it using export and import actions and automate it using integration.

Is this something which is Anaplan currently working on and is on pipeline?

Hello @Dikshant ,

Could you please share the scenario in which you think First Name and Last Name of Users are required and Selective Access to Users list?

Thanks,

Vamsi

• Dikshant
    Options

Audit functionalities, where we are capturing last Updated By, showing full name rather than email, are always preferred by end users. And to create error message where if user select something from a dropdown for which user does not have selective access, it would be nice to have selective access details via functions/ formula. For now we have workarounds and we can easily automate, but it's an additional process and it's good to have functionality to fetch first name and last name along with selective access details.

• PujithaB
    Options

Thanks @rob_marshall for sharing and explaining all the steps in detail!

• Vamsi_Kaki
    edited March 15
    Options

Hello @Dikshant ,

"Audit functionalities, where we are capturing last Updated By, showing full name rather than email, are always preferred by end users. …"

"…And to create error message where if user select something from a dropdown for which user does not have selective access, it would be nice to have selective access details via functions/ formula…"

On your above-mentioned point, I believe having email is better than showing full name. Because, there might be chance of having same name for users.

Next, if you want avoid user selecting item for which he doesn't have access then, enable selective access for the line item. Hence, user sees only the items he/she has access.

• Dikshant
    edited March 15
    Options

@Vamsi_Kaki Users prefer to see a name rather than an email ID. Also, we have the option to see the items in the dropdown based on selective access. But there are multiple instances where we wanted to show the KPI based on a user's selective access and wanted to add the numbers to which a user has access. That's why we need to store the selective access information of a user in modules to get that calculated. That's why it's good to have, alternatives are there for all problems, like, let's say, the user subsets, fake user list was an option in past, but now it becomes easier for developers to create subsets directly. That's the point if in future anaplan works on it, it will become easier for us to build those functionalities within anaplan.

• gregumo
    Options

Thanks for the update

• I beleive that this is a fantastic advance and will be great for many use cases.

However, I believe it may also be worth calling out sustainability here. When you remove a user from your model or set them to no access, my understanding is that the data and inputs held against the user are deleted.

To avoid this users are often mapped to "fake users" so that the detail of "Who" is retained and that data is not accidentally deleted. This practice will need to continue.

I may have misunderstood so would be interested in whether you all agree.