Is there a way to reset the List Ids to reorder it correctly?

Options
DeepakK
edited March 1 in Modeling

Hello everyone,

I am building a date range filter to allow a use to select weeks and then have it filter to the days belonging to each week. I did this by having a report days being a child of Report weeks and using an Time calc to set up the range. It is working like I want by showing the correct list items.

But they are ordered badly since the list IDs don't count in the direction I want. Is there any way to reset these IDs so that it starts with #1 for earliest date and count upwards?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• TimPeterson
    edited March 1 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi DeepakK. My suggestion would be to set up a module that converts the dates to text and then have an action run to order the list anytime new days are added.

Answers

• DeepakK
    Options

Great idea! I tried this but the list won't sort like in your example. Mine is in a hierarchy. Does that make a difference?

• TimPeterson
    edited March 4
    Options

In a hierarchy it will sort within each parent member. It looks like you are hiding the parents in your example. Are the parents necessary? I think you may need to set up filter differently, or you can create an alternate sort option for parents that runs after the child sort. Let me mock that up later today and I’ll send you an example of the formulas

• If I understand correctly, you should just need to add the below Sort Order column to your parent list's system module and run an order list action off of it. It pulls from the Sort Order column set up for the child list (Days) that has a summary method of either first or last non-blank.

Let me know if this gets you there!

• DeepakK
    edited March 4
    Options

@TimPeterson I actually figured this out by just doing the SORT descending. Originally, it was resetting every Week. When I made it descending, the numbers look correct. So simple but my brain wasn't fully functioning on a Friday afternoon 😀

But that Week mockup could be useful for another module I have to make.

Appreciate all the help!

• One last comment for you that I should have led with, there really isn't a way to reset individual list member numbers. You can reset the numbering for the entire list back to scratch on the configure tab of lists. At the bottom you can see a reset option that is available for numbered lists.