colors in APPS

Options
rmamoune
edited March 6 in User Experience

I'd like to display in apps different colors for the different hierarchical levels of a list. Is it possible please ?

Example : January & February in diffirent colors than Monday..

• January
    • Monday
    • Tuesday
    • Wednesday
    • ….
  • February
    • Monday

Answers

• SriNitya
    Options

Currently different colors for the different hierarchical levels of a list is not available. If the list is in context selector then you can change the color of context selector but all the items will be same color irrespective of levels.

• rmamoune
    Options

Ok thank you!

• KirillKuznetsov
    edited March 6
    Options

Actually, you can do this in the data fields but not in the first column where the list items are. In order to achieve such coloring you will have to learn how to use Ratio summary method for numbered line items.

This will allow you to set a level number for each level of the hierarchy within one line item.

Let's say you have two levels as in your example.

To make coloring you will have to somehow mark the level for each hierarchy member.

List member

Level

January

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

….

February

Monday

To calculate this you need one line item per each level for your hierarchy and another one line item named "1".

In your case two levels:

Line item Level 1 (applied by Months list) with formula = 1 and summary method = None

Line item Level 2 (applied by Weekdays list) with formula = 2 and summary method = Ratio (Ratio = 'Level 1' / '1')

This will give you ones and twos in the respective hierarchy levels in line item Level 2.

Then Level 2 can be used in Color Formating in any grid.

This is the example of the result of a three-level hierarchy: Each level is represented by a different shade of blue.

You can apply the same line item for all columns on your table.

Additionally, you can add any other coloring on top of this one, just add more IFs in your resulting Color formatting line item.

• SriNitya
    Options

@KirillKuznetsov by using the idea mentioned by you we can apply conditional formatting for data different levels. But @rmamoune form the question it seems like different colors for the list items of different hierarchical levels of a list is my understanding correct, can you confirm.

• @SriNitya you are right. I am just giving @rmamoune  a working workaround that works for many end users where i implemented a similar thing

• SriNitya
    Options

@KirillKuznetsov good to know the workaround thanks for confirming that my understanding is correct.

• @rmamoune have you managed to replicate the color coding?