How I Built It: Number lists

Options
Soumya Bhattacharya
edited April 12 in Blog

Author: Soumya Bhattacharya is a Certified Master Anaplanner and technology consultant at Accenture.

Hello Anaplan Community!

This ‘How I Built It’ tutorial represents one of the benefits of a Number list and how we can use it to dynamically update the module line-item description.

This function helps to build a dynamic selection that a client would want to have in the dashboard which will help them and guide them to show their selection dynamically updating the reporting module line-item description.

Advantages:

1. It will allow the user to update the reporting module line items descriptions which gives an end user the right dimension visibility.
  2. Reduce the model space by using numbered list-based module with few required list items. Use case such as version comparison (i.e. actual vs forecast).
  3. It auto re-fresh the dashboard (grid and chart) without using page refresh button.

Questions? Leave a comment!

Additional resources:

1. You can also check out another ‘How I Built It’ tutorial I created on Dashboard Filtering using Line Item Subset.
  2. For more on Number lists, check out Anapedia.
  3. All 'How I Built It' tutorials can be found here.

Comments

• Zoltan
    edited March 20
    Options

Dear @Soumya Bhattacharya

many thanks for posting this.

Could you please elaborate on how user selection for the different versions takes effect if neither IMP01 nor OUT02 module is dimensioned by users. I did not get that part.

Thank you.

Best,

Zoltan