Adding Multiple Leave dates into single line item

Options

I am importing multiple instances of Leave in module. i used select function to get them into module. Now to allow them take maximum 40 days cumulative in a year, i want to store them in single line item. so that i could apply check there.Please suggest.

Answers

• TristanS
    Options

@deepak83 so to confirm my understanding of your requirement is correct.

• For example, Employee ABC that is planning to take leave on 20 Mar, 2 Apr and 5 Apr 2024
    • You want to have the info: 20 Mar, 2 Apr and 5 Apr 2024 in one line item

Usually, you would have a module having the following dimensions:

• Employee
    • Time (Day Time Period?)

Then you would have a boolean line item e.g. "On Leave?" then have it set to true for 20 Mar, 2 Apr and 5 Apr 2024

But impression I'm getting from your question is you want a module with only the Employee dimension (without Time Period dimension) and have the dates above stored in a singe line item. If my impression is correct, it can be done but I wouldn't really recommend it and would like to understand what the use case is. If you really need it, you create a line item as Text format. Then apply a Textlist function against the dates employee is on leave (ensure you convert the dates into a text line item to which you would apply the Textlist function.

• deepak83
    Options

Thanks, let me provide you more details.

i want data imported in #1,#2,#3 into #Days off ****. as currently it is having data for single select statement. so i want #Days off **** module to calculate if leave imported through #1,#2,#3 breach the max allowed leave in a year. based on that i could mark them as paid or non paid leave.

• Dikshant
    Options

Hey requirement is clear now. Can you just share the pivot of FA17_M05_Import Long Leaves module?

What all dimensions are used and how you are storing start and end dates?

• deepak83
    Options
  • SriNitya
    edited March 18
    Options

@deepak83
    Anaplan does not allow multiple date selection in one single line item, when employee enters the initial leave provide him with action button to import data from without time dimension module to another time dimension module rest dimensions keep them same. Create line items and calculate leave duration
    based on Start Date & End date then bring the total leave days into module to without time dimension and then display a warning message in a line item that as Total leave days > 40 mention it as paid or unpaid based on use case.. and then you can use further..

• Dikshant
    Options

I think your FA17 modules has multiple leave ID which has multiple leave interval of an employee, as shown below

you wanted to calculate the total number of days employee has taken leaves which can be done like this as shown below:

Let me know if this is what you're expecting!