Changing a workspace name & model names

Options

Hi guys,

So I have a question and I hope that you can help me.

I have a workspace containing many apps but its name isn't really relevant. Same for some of the apps within this workspace.

I want to change their names and I was wondering if there were some risks linked to that change. For example with Datahubs or other flows, links, actions etc.

Thank you.

Answers

• Dikshant
    Options

Hi, the source model, you can remap should not be a big problem. Test in a dummy model even if it impacts or not, i personally think it should not but please test. One thing you should take into account is integration. As model re-names in Anaplan, will not get reflected in your automated jobs and you have to rename it in all your existing jobs.

• RitaD
    Options

Thank you for your answer. However, aren't they not linked to model IDs instead of names ?

• SriNitya
    Options

When you change the source model name you need to update the Source Model mapping for the actions to run successfully without any error in data flow apart from that no other issues.

• SriNitya
    Options

RitaD
    Actions are linked to models only not model ID's you can see that in Source models tab as well in Anaplan
    For API's we use model ID, workspace ID to run the API calls.

• Dikshant
    Options

@RitaD - It depends on how your team has set it up. Many times, it's linked to the model name and not the model ID as model keeps changing every forecast/ planning cycle we create a new copy to start with but do keep it as a check that all your jobs should not impact by the model name change.

• PujithaB
    Options

Hi @RitaD
    As already mentioned.
    Below are the few points to check when you change any Model Name?
    1. If the model has outbound, In the target Model Source Model mapping has to be updated.
    2. All the integration scripts have to be repointed to the New Model Name, if Model name is used for integration mapping.
    3. Communicate to all the end users that model name has been changed so that it will not be a surprise for them.