DAT.01 module information

Options

I am currently at activity Level 3 Sprint 1 5.2 but looks like I still don't have DAT.01 module. Can anyone tell where can I find details for building this module? Did I miss anything?

Answers

• Dikshant
    Options

Can you share what are we supposed to do in L3 Sprint 1.5.2 and does that require DAT01 Module? If not, it might be something which might come later?

• Hi @Dikshant,

In Activity 5.2, we have to bring PY Account Revenue in TAR.01 module from DAT.02 module. But looks like my DAT.02 module is not properly built as I do not have DAT.01 module as both DAT.01 and DAT.02 are connected to each other.

I actually noticed that I am missing DAT.01 after reading few comments about it on this discussion forum.

@Misbah can you please advise?

• SriNitya
    Options

@BMayur
    Not sure if it is mentioned to create but in L3 you are suppose to do modelling by considering the use case based on your understanding unlike Level1/Level 2 step by step process of creating the modules, line items, naming conventions, actions, mapping , logics will not be given. Level 3 is similar as a live project in short deriving the desired output based on the use cases.

• Dikshant
    Options

@BMayur

You need to create this module, DAT02 PY Revenue to CY, at the grain of A2 Accounts>Products to get the data from the Data Hub to spoke model in DAT01 and then transform it and show it in DAT02 at A2 Accounts>Products level.

• @Dikshant

Thanks for the guidance. But I am facing trouble getting data between these 2 modules with different dimensions (one with A1 Accounts, P2 Product and other with A2 Account>Product#). Any guidance on this if you could suggest without breaking the rules of this forum? Thanks

• SriNitya
    Options

@BMayur
    Use import Action to bring the data from Data hub to DAT02 PY Revenue to CY to fetch PY revenue then using lookup calculate PY Revenue to CY. Data 01, Data02 in Spoke model store the revenue related information and are being referenced further in calculations but the both modules are not connected to answer your concern.

• @SriNitya

I have brought the PY Revenue from Data Hub model to my Sales Planning model in SYS10 Previous Year Actual Sales Revenue module and also transformed the PY revenue to CY revenue in DAT.02 module using the following formula 'SYS10 Previous Year Actual Sales Revenue'.Revenue[LOOKUP: 'SYS00 Time Settings'.PY Qtr]

In my model, I think I created SYS10 Previous Year Actual Sales Revenue module instead of DAT.01 (something I might need to fix)

Anyway the problem I am facing is that I created the DAT.02 module with dimension A1 Accounts, P2 Product and not A2 Account>Product#. I think this is where I made the mistake. But I don't know how to fix this.

TAR.01 has A2 Account>Product# dimension so I am not able to bring revenue into it.

Can you suggest something for this?

• @SriNitya for reference

• SriNitya
    Options

@BMayur
    Data02 logic is fine but keep the required dimension.
    Data02 PY Revenue(import from data hub), PY revenue to CY (formulated)(A2 Account>Product#) →TAR01(A2 Account>Product#)
    Revisit the sprint and dive deep