Page Sync Issue

Options

We are encountering issue related to page sync.

We have hierarchy list ( level 1, level 2, level 3) and each list having subset.

Each module used subset from respective list.

Step 1. Based on the Page Context selector (Level 1), items of Level 2 and Level 3 will be visible on the respective grid.

Step 2:  Next Step , First Grid which is dimension by Level 2 subset. Based on L2 item selection in Level 2 Grid, respective Level 3 item will be visible in Level 3 Grid.

Step 3: Now the issue is, When we are selecting any item of Level 3 in Level 3 grid, Level 2 grid is showing no Data.                

Appreciate if you can help to understand behavior of sync across page.

Tagged:

Answers

• Dikshant
    edited March 18
    Options

Have you enabled the hierarchy filter at level 3 and disabled it from the level 1 & level 2 grids and made it sync with the page? Give it a try. Or enable it for all three, but the context selector should have all the levels and not only L1 and L2.

• chp127
    Options

@Dikshant , Here requirement is Context page selector is level 1 only.. so user can see if no child item for Level 1 then then create new child item which is working fine.

But the issue mentioned above is after selecting item from Level 3 grid, Level 2 data shows showing no data which does used to happen earlier.

• SriNitya
    Options

@chp127
    Hi, In the UX view all the level2, level 3 lists used are subsets of respective lists if I understand correctly.
    Anaplan treats List subsets as complete different lists, subsets are essentially different lists linked with parent list, so I am thinking sync will not happen.

• chp127
    edited March 20
    Options

@SriNitya , Thank you for comment.

Yes, Level 2 and Level 3 list used subset in module published on page.

Issue is when Level 3 item selected in Level 3 grid, how Level 2 item de synced?

how to resolve this scenario as Anaplan allow to configure the page as per business requirement?

• PujithaB
    Options

Hi @chp127
    In the L2 and L3 Grid , you have to show parents and child as well. It will show no data in that case.
    As you can see below

Let me know if you find any challenges with this
    Thanks
    Pujitha

• chp127
    Options

Hi @PujithaB ,

what will happened in 1st grid if you select L2-4 item in 2nd grid ?

• SriNitya
    Options

@chp127
    I tried recreating the scenario and i did not face page sync issue.
    To answer above question if select L2- C4 in first grid L1-C3 comes as it parent

Hope it helps

• PujithaB
    Options

Hi @chp127

Scenario1: All levels of parent and child exists and selected in first grid.

Scenario 2 :
    Only L1 data exists and no child data and selected in first grid.

Scenario 3: All levels of data exists and selected in level 3

Scenario 4: One of parent at Level 2 has child where as another parent doesnot have child

It will show as above in all scenarios
    Let me know if any scenarios is falling and let me know if this workout

• PujithaB
    Options

@chp127 , also in the Settings, make sure you have selected module default for the first Grid.

• chp127
    edited March 20
    Options

Hi @PujithaB ,

Thank you for trying all scenario.

Let me clarify the business requirement:

If Level 1 (Page Context Selector) has child item, then show respective child item of Level 2. Then select Level 2 item , which will show respective item at Level 3.

If any level does not have item then it should show "No data" in respective grid so user should aware of that and create new child item.

Step 1. User select Level 1 item from page context selector.

Step 2. case A:if Level 2 child present for selected level 1 item , then item reflect in Level 2 grid.

Case B: if no item present in level 2 then Level 2 grid shows "no data" then user create new item.

Step 3: From step 2 case a: if item present in Level 2, then user select item from Level 2 grid,

Case C: if child item present in Level 3 grid for select item of Level 2 then it will reflect in Level 3 grid.

Step 4: No i am selecting 1st child item of L2-C1 which is L3-C1 in Level 3 Grid, Now Level 4 grid shows respective child, but Level 2 gird de synced and show "No Data".

All the grid selected , "No Data" as it should show no data message if child item not present in grid.

Level 2 Grid, Context Selector:

Level 3 Grid, Context Selector:

Level 4 Grid, Context Selector:

please let me know, if you have any doubt in this specific scenario. Thank you.

• PujithaB
    Options

Hi @chp127,
    Let me try out your scenario with 4 hierarchy and check it.

• PujithaB
    Options

Hi @chp127

I have found the same as you have mentioned as the last scenario.
    In that case we can have a workaround that we can disable sync on selection so that even if users select any level of child grids, parent grids will not get effected
    We can only enable the selection from the page context selectors.

Scenario : when we have all levels of data and selected the Lowest level

Scenario 2: No data in anyone of the lower levels

Let me know if this works.
    Regards
    Pujitha

• chp127
    Options

Hi @PujithaB ,

Thank you for your response.

Requirement is user select from Level 1 from page context selector. if no child then it should show no data.

if data present at Level 2 then select Level 2 item and so on till level 4.

we have to select "No data" option only as it should show relevant data only and show empty grid with message "There's no data in your current selection. Use the selectors to change your dataset.".

• PujithaB
    Options

Hi @chp127

In that case , just apply the below setting to last grid and it worked out for me

• chp127
    Options

Hi @PujithaB ,

Lets assume, you have one more level (level 5), still you have to select "Sync on selection" to sync Level 5 grid based on level 4 grid selection.

In This case grandparent grid is desynced.

I am trying to highlight here is whenever we select item from grid, and respective grand parents grid context selected as No data.. then in this case all the grand parent will de synced.

Thank you for trying out all scenario.

• PujithaB
    Options

Hi @chp127
    Now, I understood Clearly that we want to find solution for the below.
    I am trying to highlight here is whenever we select item from grid, and respective grandparents grid context selected as No data. then in this case all the grandparent will de synced

So, I am not sure this is how Anaplan functionality works or is this a bug.
    Looking forward to see if someone has any solution to it.

Regards
    Pujitha