How can I efficiently extract and integrate just the anniversary month into our existing model?

Options

Hello Anaplan Community,

I'm currently facing a challenge with aligning the payment of Objectives Bonus in our model with the anniversary dates of employee entries. The requirement is to pay the bonus on the anniversary date of each employee's entry, but our model calendar is based on the years 2023 and 2024.

The issue arises because the anniversary dates may fall on different years not included in the model calendar. Moreover, we only require the month of the anniversary date to add the bonus value according to the model calendar.

I would greatly appreciate any insights or suggestions on how to address this issue effectively within the Anaplan platform. Thank you for your help!

Tagged:

Answers

• Dikshant
    Options

Hey, create 2 time ranges FY1981 and FY2078, keep the number of periods as 1, and then you will be able to use the PERIOD function and perform the calculation b/w 1981-2078. The way it works is that it considers the union of the model calendar and time ranges, and based on that, it shows the years in period function and in the time period format line items.

• PujithaB
    Options

Hi @meriambouhachem
    Since you only need the month of anniversary, just load anniversary date as Text field (Egg: 12 Jan 2022) against each employee and then just fetch Jan using left or right functions and then use find item (Time, Jan)
    It will give you the Month of anniversary in the native month Time format.

Let me know if you have any issues with this approach!
    Regards
    Pujitha