how to display totals on higher levels when a selector is used on lower level

Options

Hello,

I have built a dashboard that gives the user the ability to select which items they want to include on the lowest level of the items hierarchy (C6). I then use the selector module to fitler a reporting module, which works great when it is shown down to the lowest C6 level, but if I try to take that same module that uses the Selector filter, but now hide the lower levels to give a summary at a higher level, it still sums every item on the lowest level whether it is selected or not. How could I get the NZ | Sales Manager NZ on the bottom grid to the right to sum up what is being shown on the grid to the left? Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

• HimanshuRaj
    Answer ✓
    Options

@JoeyP currently, subtotals calculation based on filter selection is not dynamic and it shows the totals of every child item at subtotal level.

One way to get around with this is - in you filter module create a line item to say If Selector then 1 else 0 and then multiply your target module values by this line item

Cheers!

Answers

• Dikshant
    edited March 30
    Options

Not very sure how your backend module structure is but if you want the calculation at parent level different and not want to simply sum up the child values and roll it up to parent level. Use RATIO function to do so. Create a line item in same module, and a denominator line item (number) formula as 1. The new line item is of the dimension of parent list. So it's a subsidiary view now. Sum up the values from left side module, at parent level using SUM function and then use that line item in the RATIO summary to your original line item.

• JoeyP
    Options

@HimanshuRaj that seemed easy enough, but my filter module is dimensioned by users while my Target module is not dimensioned by users. I have not been able to figure out a way to lookup on users, is there a way to do that?

• Dikshant
    Options

Joey - In this case you might need to add the user dimension in target module as well is calculation is based on user selection.

• GeovannyGleason
    edited April 9
    Options

When the user selects items at the lowest level (C6 Tomb of the Mask) using the selector module, capture the selected items as variables or in a separate data structure.