List report over multiple pages

Options

Hi Folks.

Say I have a module containing information (text, dates etc) for a number of list items.

I want to add some of this information to a management report, say:

List Item | Description | Date | Status

1 First Thing 24/03 Open

2 Second Thing 25/03 Paused

…….

I would like to be able to publish this grid to a Management report with defined images/title/background and grid headers and have it display/print on as many pages as needed to show all of the items in the list.

This would be akin to the Print Titles type functionality in good old Excel

By way of an example - I would like to produce a detailed project status report to PDF that can be emailled and used as a document of record. I would therefore want to print a record of all User Stories with their status and estimates as an appendix to other slides containing key project information and statistics.

Has anyone you managed to support this use case & if so how?

Answers

• Dikshant
    Options

Hi, are you looking for ideas of how we can create Management Report to display user story statistics:

User Stories Completed vs In Progress vs Under Testing?

Or do you have a mockup of how exactly you want your report and you're not able to recreate it in NUX?

• TimWard70
    Options

Not looking for statistics @Dikshant more of a listing report like this:

Card on Report Page

Pivot

Line Items

List 1

Displayed as follows but with page background, logos etc:

Page 1

Heading 1

Heading 2

Heading 3

Headings Repeat

Page 2

Heading 1

Heading 2

Heading 3

Headings Repeat

…..

• andrewtye
    Options

Have you looked at the Cascade Slides functionality? It might mean a bit of jigging about in the background but if you were able to have a new dimension and then X number of items underneath and map it all together this could work.

I had a look on the idea exchange and couldn't see anything relevant so might be worth putting it on - unless @sprender has any thoughts?

• TimWard70
    Options

@andrewtye Thanks, Andrew - agree the cascade slides functionality is nice, however, I don't think that it meets this use case well. I could get it to work by setting up set up lists for "Page No" and "Report Row" and then map the base list to them using Rank or some other counting method, however, this seems overkill (I may still do it!) - be nice to have this as native functionality.