Too many cells for ISFIRSTOCCURRENCE calculation

Options
Yehya123
edited April 5 in Modeling

I Import a C11 list to 2 spoke models from Hub.

I use the same DataHub and Same Hub Saved view to import into this list. However the import into list is sucessful for one of the spoke model but not the other.

The saved view and the import definition is the same for both the spoke model.

For one the process is completed within seconds and for the other the error is

C11 Outlet list failed: Too many cells for ISFIRSTOCCURRENCE calculation: actual=50144900 maximum=50000000

The IFO is used in only one item and I'm certain it doesnt cross 50 mill cells for IFO processing

Uploaded the export of blue print view as zip. to have a look at the ISFIRSTOCCURRENCE Forumla

along with cell count.

Why does it fail in one spoke and not the other with the source being same for both.

A point to note both of this process run through Anaplan Connect Integrations.

Adding in the saved view applied for the view

I'm stuck please help :)

Answers

• Yehya123
    edited April 5
    Options

• Dikshant
    Options

Can you share a screenshot of the source modules and line item where RANK function is applied? I wanted to see the cell count and applies to of that line item.

• Yehya123
    Options

This is the source module from data hub.

There isnt rank applied anywhere i guess

check the attached zip for module blueprint view extract

• Dikshant
    Options

My bad - I meant ISFIRSTOCCURRENCE

Show me the saved view of that import action, and the line item that has ISFIRSTOCCURRENCE function.

Wanted to see cell count and applied to of that line item

• Yehya123
    Options

Below is the IFO Line Item

Applies to C11 Outlet with which the source module is dimensioned

• Dikshant
    Options

As per your previous screenshot, This is the filter line item right?

Does this line item has same cell count?

• Yehya123
    Options

Yes

• Dikshant
    edited April 5
    Options

I am not very sure, but this is what I think. I know you're aware of the 50M limit of ISFIRSTOCCURRENCE.

I think this limit is for whole model, like let's say this line item has 10k cells, but lets say there are more line items in your model, collectively, the limit is 50M. So can you check if all line items where you have used ISFIRSTOCCURRENCE exceed the 50M threshold?

Go to modules>Line Item tab and export all modules and line items into excel.

Apply filters on header, and search for ISFIRSTOCCURRENCE. Now you will see all line items where you have used ISFIRSTOCCURRENCE function. Check the total cell count exceeds 50M threshold or not?

• Sai_Bharadwaj_Venati
    edited April 5
    Options

Hi,

Check what Dikshant is saying in target model also….I believe issue is in target model since you're able to successfully import in one model

V.Sai Bharadwaj

Connect on LinkedIn

• @Dikshant The limit is on a line item, not the whole model. More correctly, it's a limit on an individual block - a line item can be a single block or a collection of blocks within the hyperblock.

The limit is being applied on the target line item, so what is the item count on the 'C11 oulet' dimension in that model?

• Yehya123
    Options

18,131 - Item count of C11 Outlet List

Jusy FYI 50937150 is the cell count in target model which has IFO formula applied

WHat might cause the issue

• @Yehya123

The cause is the line item in the target module being greater than 50M cells.

• Dikshant
    Options

Thanks @MarkWarren for the confirmation, the limit is on the line item and not on the module.

• Yehya123
    Options

I'm still confused .

The action which fails is an import which adds list items to the spoke model. The source for this import is a saved view from Datahub and the same action is used to poulate lists in 2 spoke models

I understand that the the lineitem for which which ISFIRSTOCCURENCE is applied in a module, that Lineitem's Cell count shouldn't exceed 50 million. The Cell count for the line item where IFO is applied is just 10,366 here.(DataHub - the Source)

The spoke model list into which this action imports list items has a count of 18,131 list items (The target of the action) - This action fails with the 50 mil error message -

The other spoke model list which uses the same action to import list members this list has a count 17,957 - this is sucessful.(The target of the action)

So if you see effectively the IFO is applied only to the Datahub line item with 10,366 cell count which is nowhere close to 50 million.

Why would it fail.

Hope I've explained it clearly.

Help Appreciated.

• Yehya123
    Options

Btw raised ticket with anaplan and got the below response

This leaves me even more confused now

• @Yehya123

Do you have a first occurrence in the spoke model that is using the list you are adding to?

• Yehya123
    Options

Yes It has.

Just to clarify 50937150 is the cell count in target model which has IFO formula applied this I posted previously in the thread is sum of all line item cell count using ISFIRSTOCCURENCE formula in the target. By target i mean the target of the action which is the spoke model. - for which action failed

Going by this the Data Hub has 135468442 - total model cell count for IFO Applied Line Items

Similary The spoke model where action is successful has 132304868 - total model cell count for IFO Applied Line Items.

This is a ballpark figure which i came up with taking the export of line items filtering on formula header

for contains ISFIRSTOCCURENCE and summed them up.

• Yehya123
    Options

Circling back on this. The action keeps failing and i'm running out of probable root causes. The cell count of IFO is within the permissible limit. What else might trigger this

• @Yehya123

Circling back on the question I raised above:

Do you have a first occurrence in the spoke model that is using the list you are adding to?

• Yehya123
    Options

Yes. The spoke model has line items using first occurrence with the list to which items are added to by this action

• And the size of that line item in the spoke model using first occurrence? And why is the first occurrence needed in the spoke model if the data is coming from a data hub?