I NEED HELP ASAP

Options

Hello,

I am creating a model " Production" from the revision tags of model " DEV" .

my question is how to import the production data (lists and models ) easily without passing by export data from Dev model in CSV file and create an import action to load this data and pass the revision tags to the Production model ?

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks

Answers

• Dikshant
    Options

Create the model copy rather than creating the model from the revision tag.

• The two models need to be linked for future modifications.

if i create a copy of "DEV" , and i deployed the "production".

The two models still linked so i can pass a revision tag from DEV to "production" ??

• Yes…You can create copy of dev and mark as production and still sync will there… For getting confidence → After making copy model deployed…Do some small change in dev and sync the model

V.Sai Bharadwaj

Connect on LinkedIn

• Dikshant
    Options

yes, that's right. The only difference is that if you create a model from revision, data will automatically be cleared from all production

enabled lists. But if you create the model by Copy, you will retain all data from the production-enabled list.

• Dikshant
    Options

• Dikshant
    Options

There is a glitch in my comment section. Please ignore it.

To your question, yes you can still sync the structural changes from Dev model.

The only difference is that if you create a model from revision tag, data will automatically be cleared from all production enabled lists. Whereas if you create the model by Copy, you will retain all data from the production-enabled list. Dev models will be in sync in both the approaches. It's just about retaining data from production enabled list.