automatically include quarters and months when adding a new fiscal year

Options

Hi everyone,

I'm working with Anaplan and have encountered an issue with my setup. I've created a list with a parent-child relationship: Fiscal Year > Quarter > Month. However, I'm having trouble ensuring that each year contains the same information for months and quarters. When I add a new year, I can't parent the months to the new year since each child can only have one parent.

What I want is for each new fiscal year to automatically include all the quarters and months within it. Is this achievable?

Thank you!

Here is a screenshot to better understand the situation
PS : The year / Month / Quarters are list ( i'm not using time range here )

Best Answer

• SriNitya
    Answer ✓
    Options

@ILYAS
    If you follow method 2 then child parent list can be created and it looks as below screenshot.
    Any specific reason behind not going with Anaplan Time dimension.

Answers

• Ashutosh
    edited April 15
    Options

Hi ,

You need to make number list if you are using Q1, Q2, Q3 & Q4 names for each year. otherwise if you don't want to use number list then maintain items list as unique. Like show in below:

Q1 FY23, Q2 FY23 & so on.

Hope this addresses your issue.

• EXART
    Options

the three lists are numbered lists, but how can i add the quarters and month each time i will add a fiscal year?

• Ashutosh
    Options

You need to maintain template like this in Anaplan if you are wishing to update list by using import action. Please find below template & by using 'Isfirstoccurrence' find unique items. & update the list by using parent child relationship.

• EXART
    Options

So i have to create an excel with that information? 😕

• @ILYAS Yes either you have to create an excel with this information to load the data or you can do manually also. Recommended is to create excel and update.

• EXART
    Options

And the import should be done, on both list quarter and months correct?

• EXART
    Options

@Ashutosh & by using 'Isfirstoccurrence' find unique items. & update the list by using parent child relationship. : Could you please detail this? didnt quite understand how to do it

• SriNitya
    edited April 16
    Options

@ILYAS
    Method 1 → Create the data with excel and importing into Anaplan.
    Method 2 → To create fully automated process with in Anaplan.
    Create 3 Standalone Lists Year, Quarter, Month.
    Create System module for Quarter to Month mapping formulate the mapping based on month code or you can keep it as one time admin import activity.
    Create a Mapping module with Year, Quarter, Month lists as dimension and then using concatenation, ISFIRSTOCCURANCE and RANKCUMULATE formulas you can derive new list with parent child relation.
    Create saved views and then use existing Year as parent.
    Create new lists and from saved views import the data into the lists and then create process for the actions sequentially.

3 Standalone Lists Year, Quarter, Month, Quarter to Month mapping, final module logics screenshots are below for your reference.

Coming to scenario of New year I created a form action and then from NUX it can be created and the later run the import process to automatically new data gets populated in the child lists

Initial lists can be structural flat lists, the automated lists can be either numbered or normal lists

Let me know if it helps.

• EXART
    Options

@SriNitya thank you so much, the thing is that having a child parent list is mandatory for me, since i will be filtering by the 3 information Month/quarter/year in another module
    I created this until now but i think i should use your method :