Anaplan error - Error parsing key for this row; invalid data: , , ,

Options

Hi All,

When I am importing a file to a list I am getting an error as "Error parsing key for this row; invalid data: , , ," even though there is data in all the columns. Its a transaction data set that I am trying to import into a list with list properties using a combination of columns as unique identifiers.

It shows Error parsing key for this row; invalid data: , , , not sure why it is showing 3 comma's to the end of the error. Has anyone faces a similar issue?

Answers

• Dikshant
    Options

Can you share screenshot of import action and data that you are importing. Check in Import data source, what is the text delimiter you have set. Is it Comma or Tab>

• Shawnm
    Options

Hi @Dikshant

Import properties are as follows, the default settings. The data is sensitive but it contains date fields, text fields and numeric fields. Since there is no unique identifier, I am using a combination of all fields. There 37 fields in total.

• Dikshant
    Options

can you download the error logs and give some clue to understand better?

• Shawnm
    Options

Hi @Dikshant , thanks for replying, as shown below this is the error for all the 62000 records I am trying to import. It says invalid data.

• Dikshant
    Options

Is it possible for you to share the logs? Or check if your CSV file has extra blank columns.

Share screenshot for whole error log. Check which column is giving this error.

• @Shawnm TO address the exact issue, scroll to the full right and share the screenshot of the error column header or if comfortable share the .csv error log.

• Shawnm
    Options

HI @jagadishdash & @Dikshant , this is the end of the error column, last column is the error shown but weird thing is that there are no comma's in any of the fields as shown in this screenshot.

I was able to sort it out at the source system end itself by adding a column as the primary key. Now it is not occuring.

• @Shawnm Okay, Great!