Data Display in a UX page

Options

Hello everyone,

I have a table displayed on a UX page (a worksheet) containing multiple line items in the columns and a list of months also as a column (where each month is a child of a quarter, which is a child of a year).

I need to address two challenges:

1. Filtering Data by Months or Quarters:
    I aim to enable users to choose between viewing the data by months or quarters. However, I'm using only the month list, and quarters are the parent. How can I achieve this functionality? My idea is to implement a checkbox (as insight card) allowing users to toggle between months and quarters, but I'm uncertain about the process.
  2. Focusing on Specific Line Items:
    In the table, there are multiple line items, and I want users to be able to focus on one specific line item at a time . For instance, if there are four line items displayed, users should have the option to select and view only one of them. I believe creating a line item subset by making a module with dimensions of the line item subset and the user could help. Then, I would use a boolean to filter data based on the user's selection, but I need guidance on the implementation. ( i'm also using a card insight for this one)

I appreciate any advice or suggestions you can offer on these matters.

Thank you for your support!

Best Answer

• SriNitya
    Answer ✓
    Options

@EXART
    Filtering Data by Months or Quarters
    Create Quarter User selection based on selection apply logic in such a way that respective Quarter Months are True, then apply Month Line item as filter is required module

Answers

• SriNitya
    Options
    1. Filtering Data by Months or Quarters
      Create Quarter Boolean Selection using quarter list such that if Q1 is selected all the months of Q1 can be shown if no selection then all months should be shown in the grid
    2. Focusing on Specific Line Items
      If line items are fixed for the users to view you can ask them about those and create custom view or saved view and publish in UX, if not you can provide show/hide option and train the users to work in UX allow users to see what they wanted to view instead of you restricting it.

• EXART
    edited April 19
    Options

Hello @SriNitya, thank you for your answer, regarding the "Create Quarter Boolean Selection using quarter list such that if Q1 is selected all the months of Q1 can be shown if no selection then all months should be shown in the grid" what is want to have is only one boolean, if it is selected it has to show the months if its is not i should show the quarter