The ITEM function should take a hierarchy as argument

I'm not quite sure why i receive the a/m error.

Module:

Formula:

Error:

The formula for 'REP01 Long Term Loan Payable'.Effective Interest is invalid:

Effective Interest = IF
Is Month Included in Period?
THEN
IF
START(PERIOD('L1 List of Loans'.Date of Loan)) = START(ITEM(Time))
THEN
'L1 List of Loans'.Amount * (END(ITEM(Time)) - 'L1 List of Loans'.Date of Loan + 1) / 360 * 'L1 List of Loans'.Effective Interest
ELSE
IF
START(PERIOD('L1 List of Loans'.Maturity Date)) = START(ITEM(Time))
THEN
ELSE
PREVIOUS(ITEM('REP01 Long Term Loan Payable'.Balance ))
ELSE

'REP01 Long Term Loan Payable'.Balance is not recognized as a hierarchy in the model.

The ITEM function should take a hierarchy as argument

OK

Best Answers

• jagadishdash
    Answer ✓

@Kenshee I believe, Balance line item from REP01 is not a list formatted line item. It's might be a number that's the reason error is occurring. Item function will only applicable for list formatted line item. so please do a check on that line item.

• jagadishdash
    Answer ✓

@Kenshee The above module layout is from REP01? if yes, then see here balance is a number formatted line item and you don't need to use the item function there instead you can directly use previous(rep01.balance0 again this depends on what you're trying to right the formula.

also the list you showed id My mini bar. so here item function irrelevant with balance from Rep01

Answers

• Hi

(ITEM('REP01 Long Term Loan Payable'.Balance )).
    Issue is with this part of formula . Item function will only take list as it arguments
    As you have referred lineitem , it is troughing error. Try to refer to suitable list, it will get applied.

Let me know if this helps out!
    Thanks
    Pujitha

• hi thank you for your reply. i'm not quite sure if i am in the right or wrong path

So here is my general list:

My Module Layout:

• thank you @jagadishdash. this really helps me. :)