Hierarchy Cards

seymatas1
edited July 18 in User Experience

Hi Anaplanners,

I've created hierarchy cards using the following steps:

• Create a module with a hierarchical list.
  • Add a line item formatted as "No Data".
  • Publish the module on a UX page, displaying the list in rows and the line item in columns.

Is this the best method to create hierarchy cards?

Edit: Use SYS or PROP modules to create hierarchy cards if you have one. If you do not have a system module for a hierarchical list, which is uncommon, you can create a module with a "No Data" line item so that your module does not increase the overall model size.

Best Answers

• seymatas1
    Answer ✓

There is no filter option on the UX page. However, you can create a subset and publish it as a hierarchy card.

In the below example, I published the subset SS:Revenues; which shows only the revenues, not expenses.

List Hierarchy Card:

Revenue Subset Hierarchy Card:

• seymatas1
    Answer ✓

I tried hierarchy cards with "Flat Lists with Parent-Child Relationships", and it worked. This can be used as a tool while communicating ragged hierarchies with the stakeholders.

Answers

• I am still exploring it myself, but we can have line items in the same module, and we can present the line item data for individual hierarchy items and add images along with conditional formatting.

• It's the same way but you can add line items for details information and conditional formatting. You can explore this article also https://learning.anaplan.com/course/view.php?id=2363

• Hello, is there a way to apply a filter on the list and still be able to show the hierarchy? thanks!

• Thanks @seymatas1. Actually I was able to apply a filter directly in the module view before publishing the hierarchy card. I had not changed the summary settings of my filter and there was unable to see the actual hierarchy in the UX card.

• @msaeedkhan
    Manually applying a filter is also an option.