How to create a view and dashboard with data like this.

I have been given a sheet like this

I have uploaded it into a single ( Master Flat) list using properties for each of the columns

I then went ahead and put the data into a module and then created lists for columns ( region ,state, department ) that have duplicates using a view with the first occurrence formula to help the model be dynamic.

I am now confused about how to make a view / dashboard / ux with this data that would allow me to filter the data by state region and department

The data in the module is called from the flat list so its not like putting the lists i created into the modules dimensions will help as they dont happen to have a relationship.

My end goal would be to have a classic dashboard where i can show employees salary filtered by state , department , region individually as well as all 3 together.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• SriNitya
    Answer ✓

https://help.anaplan.com/design-and-build-dashboards-904f39ff-0fb8-4426-86c0-dacc48d1095d
    view this article

• MananKataria
    edited July 24 Answer ✓

This is the Solution to my problem. Explanation Below.

To update what was needed was to link all the data ( except Salary to individual lists ) pulling it from the master flat list

Import this data into lists

Then you can use the SUM Formula as shown above and keep adding more criteria ( like department or region ) the example i have shown is for state