How to perform different calculations across list members in a hierarchy?

I came across the following situation and wanted to get more input on how others might handle this. If I am looking at a standard P&L hierarchy where the P&L lines are list members, is there a simple way to use Anaplan to calculate a line item differently for different list members (that doesn't involve long nested IF statements)? See the attached spreadsheet for details. I am looking to calculate Revenue as Balance * Spread (children of revenue), but Expenses would be a simple aggregation of the Expense hierarchy. Finally, Net Income would be Income - Expenses (this one is easy enough by using a signage module to flip the sign on expenses).

My current approach is to stage the data in line items to actually perform the calculations, then use a series of mapping modules to get it back to the a hierarchical view for reporting purposes (screenshots attached).

Is there a better way to do this that I'm missing? Any tips would be greatly appreciated and happy to provide more info.

Tagged:

Answers

• Sai_Bharadwaj_Venati
    edited July 29

I would suggest rather than creating P&L hierarchy…Create P&L items as line items. After that you might link P&L hierarchy to P&L line item modules if you want to….But i always prefer P&L as lineitems than list members

BTW any particular reason u want to create P&L as list members?

V.Sai Bharadwaj

Connect on LinkedIn