Advice on Optimizing Combined Export List in Anaplan

Dear Anaplanners,

I hope this message finds you well.

I am currently working on a project that involves two separate exports: one containing Project and Project Code, and the other containing Bench Code. Refer excel snip with samples. The receiving system can accept both Project Code and NPI Code, but in Anaplan, we have these as two distinct lists. Due to the “day granularity,” combining these into a single module with filters would result in a significantly large module, which is not feasible.

To address this, I created a numbered list called “Combined Export List,” which includes Date, User ID and Project/NPI Code as attributes. This list is populated by two modules:

• Module 1: Combines properties Day-UserID and Project Code.
  • Module 2: Combines properties Day-UserID and NPI Code.

This approach has allowed me to generate a single list with a combined dataset. However, I need to export this as an Excel file on a monthly schedule. To achieve this, I plan to create a flat module with no time dimension using the “Combined Export List” as dimension. My idea is to reference the attributes from the list to the module via formulas.

My questions are:

1. Is this the right approach to create the export module with combined data set ?
  2. Is referencing data from list attributes against best practice ?
  3. Should I consider another export method from the “Combined Export List” and its attributes to the module? If so, how can I achieve this given the use of “combination of properties” as unique identifier.
  4. Is there an entirely different method that could solve this issue more efficiently?

I appreciate any insights or suggestions you can provide.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Best regards

Answers

• Hi

Your current approach is valid and should work well for your needs. Referencing list attributes is acceptable as long as the list is well-maintained. If you need more advanced or automated solutions, consider using a Data Hub and integration tools. Always ensure that your unique identifiers are correctly set up to maintain data integrity.

Hope this helps