Create DEM03 Demand Forecast Module

Hi,

I am struggling to get numbers for the Baseline Forecast line item my formula looks like the below:

IF NOT 'SYS01 Time Settings By Week'.'1st Forecast Year?' THEN LAG('DAT03 Historic Volumes'.Volumes, -52, 0, STRICT) ELSE 'DAT03 Historic Volumes'.'Offset Volumes for 1st Forecast Year'

I do see the numbers for the year FY20 as shown below.

However, I don't see any numbers for the year FY21 attached is a screenshot.

My DAT03 Historic Volumes module looks like this and it does not have the year FY21 in it:

My Supply Chain Data Hub Time Setting (Model Calendar) looks like below:

My Supply Chain Data Hub Time Setting (Time Range) looks like below:

What am I doing wrong? Can someone help me resolve this issue?

Best Answers

• Rajat26
    Answer ✓

Hi @divyeshkhandpur92,

I just went through level 2 for the specific module you are build and I see an error in your formula,

the formula should be

IF    NOT 'SYS01 Time Settings By Week'.'1st Forecast Year?'THEN    LAG(Default Forecast, 52, 0) ELSE    'DAT03 Historic Volumes'.'Offset Volumes for 1st Forecast Year'

You even use Offset to achieve the same

• Rnilsson
    edited September 17 Answer ✓

Hi @divyeshkhandpur92

You are writing formulas to the wrong line item (the error message said you try to write a formula to DAT03 offset volume for 1st forecast year. (In dat03 you should only use something like "IF 'SYS01 Time Settings By Week'.'1st Forecast Year?' THEN lag(Volumes, 52, 0) ELSE 0" …which it seems you have already done based on your third picture).

The formula @Rajat26 wrote, is the formula that is supposed to be used on DEM03 Baseline Forecast.

Further comment:
    Model Calendar does not refer to the Year FY21 in the Supply Chain Model? -
    It's a bit of a difference when you look at a time range compare to the model calendar.
    The time range you show, makes it possible for anaplan to map values outside of the usual timeframe of the model, and thus saving space.

The model calendar itself should still have the same time set-up as your data hub. starting FY20 (29 dec 2019) and "number of future years" = 1

Extending the model's calendar time, should not remove the data already imported (but it will if you decrease it).

This might be more than you need right now, but it's useful to know:
    This is essentially why we have processes: If you ever do accidentally delete some or all lists, you can go in to the action tab and select all actions individually or group them to a process and just press "run". (As long as the privacy format set when uploading the files was "everyone" - if you haven't you can solve it, Actions → the tab: import data sources → find the option new source → re-upload the documents again (with the exact same name) and then go back to actions, select every action you need to update and press run).

Answers

• Hi @Rajat26

I tried using the formula as shown below:

IF    NOT 'SYS01 Time Settings By Week'.'1st Forecast Year?'THEN    LAG('DEM03 Demand Forecast'.Default Forecast ,52,0)ELSE    'DAT03 Historic Volumes'.'Offset Volumes for 1st Forecast Year'

However, I get an error in the formula 

My best guess is that the Model Calendar does not refer to the Year FY21 in the Supply Chain Model. You can check the Model Calendar/time range screenshot attached above. I am worried about updating the year to FY21 because I fear losing the data. Can you please help me as I have been stuck on this issue for more than 4 days?