Conditional Formatting for Duplicate List-Formatted Line Item

Feels like I'm missing a simple idea. I have a module dimensioned by line items and list A.

One line item is formatted as list B. Users select corresponding list B for each list A.

What logic in a CF line item can call out if duplicate list Bs have been selected?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Dikshant
    Answer ✓

@rrist - This is what you wanted, right?

This is how I've done it. I have first created a count line item with formula as 1. Then I go to Order Module and create a line item (Total) and sum up the count based on Orders. I will give you the number of times it is repeated. Then write the condition to your CF, looking up the count based on Order and If it's greater than 1 then it should be a RED else WHITE.

Answers

• If you want to highlight the second line with duplicate selection, then you can use ISFIRSTOCCURRENCE, as it will give a true for all first occurrences, and all 2nd 3rd multiple occurrences you can highlight them as Red.

But if you want to highlight both, then you can use SUM Function to get the count of selections. If it is greater than 1 then highlight all occurrences.

• @Dikshant Thank you, I had tried both of those functions. Something with dimensionality is throwing me off.

The goal is to have 'Order' cells be highlighted if a duplicate has been selected. However, the module is dimensioned by another list.

• Hi @rrist , as dikshant asked about the condition for the format, how you want to highlight

do you want to include the first selected entry value as well in

• Hi @sobaidps, the goal would be to highlight both the first and second entry

• @Dikshant exactly it, thank you