Multiple Model Dashboard

Hello!
I am trying to create a Dashboard which has 3 different data source MODELS.

I am creating the grid view as per different models, e.g. 1,2,3. Though each has its own MODEL data as per filter, when filter is set to first model 1,3 shows the same model data while 2 shows blank(as it should).

How to make 3 work the same way as 2, where 3 shows data in grid only when its model is filtered.

Answers

• Raymond874Butler
    edited October 4

To ensure each grid view in your dashboard only displays data when its specific model is filtered, you need to set up independent filters for each data source model. This involves creating separate filters for each model and binding them to their respective grid views. For instance, bind filter 1 to grid view 1, filter 2 to grid view 2, and filter 3 to grid view 3. Additionally, implement conditional visibility logic to show or hide grid views based on the filter disneyhub selection. Verify that each grid view is configured to pull data from its respective model, ensuring grid view 3 only displays data when model 3 is filtered. This approach will make each grid view behave independently, similar to how grid view 2 currently functions.

• Are you suggesting to create saved views for each module with its own filter from the model and then tie it to its grid instead of creating the views on dashboard?

• Can you provide filter screenshots, whether you have used page selector or field selector.
    Because as filter is specific to model how are you connecting it to multiple models.
    Each and every model should have its one filter selection and filtered view created and placed in Dashboard.

• Yeah, you are right. I am not using any filters on the dashboard and just the static grid views from multiple Models. The only issue is when Model 1 is selected to show its grid "1" values, somehow Model 3 grid view also fetches Model 1 data from random module.

Can saved views help to solve this issue?

• Hi @shlokhan , when you say 'filter' for model, I believe you meant selecting the source model on top-left of the page (in case multiple source models are setup for the page).

If that's the case, and if your source models are not structurally similar, it's worth raising with the support team. I could see random modules being picked when we switch between models, for the cards related to other models.

If the models are structurally similar, I would recommend defining 3 saved views with 3 different filters, one for each model (assuming each model instance is split by region or BU etc). If this approach is also throwing similar issue, then this needs to be raised as a bug.

• Hi @shlokhan,

Saved views should help solve your issue. Since your UX page pulls the saved view from one model, it will not find the same saved view in the other model.

Using multiple models might create some confusion for users and would need training. You can create separate UX pages for each of your 3 models and then have a landing page with links to those pages. This way, it will be easier for the end users to navigate.

I hope this helps!

Seyma 🌷🙂

• @Raymond874Butler
    Saved view will help to resolve the issue.
    Instead of multiple models is single UX screen you can use different UX screens unless it is specific request from End Users/ Business.

The only issue is when Model 1 is selected to show its grid "1" values, somehow Model 3 grid view also fetches Model 1 data from random module. — still if you face please go ahead and raise a ticket with support team.

• Yes, ask is of fetching values from multiple model and issue is just what you described. Better to raise a ticket. Thanks!