How to get MAX value from line item to another line item in the same module?

KacperSzafranski13
edited October 16 in Modeling

Hello, I have a module (image below), how can I create a line item where all items will be max value from 'New Store Num' where 'To many Stores?' is True . For Example in image below it will be 8.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Hi @KacperSzafranski13 ,

This can be done in following steps:
    1. Firstly create a line item say 'Store Num for target Scn' Which will simply bring the values from 'New Store Num' where 'To many Stores?' is True by adding simple IF THEN ELSE statement in the formula and change the summary settings to Max for the same.
    2. Create another line item say Max value which will contain all the dimensions as other line items have but remove the dimension you have in column(which has Items as 1,2,3,4…) and in formula simply refer the previous line item you build in previous step, and then you can refer to this line item in your final Line Item 'Target Scenario' to get the max value in same dimension.
    OR
    2. you can simply select that the top level summary value to the final line item 'Target Scenario' using a formula as- Store Num for target Scn[SELECT:1234list.TopLevel]

I hope this helps.