Maintaining Month Names in English for Anaplan Import Across Different Regional Settings

sparwana
edited October 23 in Modeling

Hola Anaplanners,

I'm encountering an issue where month names in an Excel file change based on regional settings. When I export data from Anaplan, the month names display in English (e.g., "May-25"). However, when my client (who uses Dutch regional settings) opens the file, the month names are automatically converted to Dutch (e.g., "mei-25").

This causes a problem when the client attempts to load the file into Anaplan, as the import definition requires the month names to remain in English for a successful import (where the import headers are also in English). Unfortunately, adjusting the client’s Excel settings is not an option, as it may disrupt their other tasks.

Is there a way to maintain the month names in English across different regional settings, or is there a workaround to ensure compatibility with Anaplan's import process?

Tagged:

Answers

• The import template should ideally be global. We use month number for that reason.
    Also, the column header format must be aligned across the regions, since local system settings can have (for ex) day number in the place of month number.

As you have noticed, regional settings can be challenging when you deploy a model to different regions. We can't control the format of data once it's exported from Anaplan.
    Hence the date format must be aligned with the user base well in advance, and same must be maintained across all their Anaplan models.

Cheers!