Boolean: TRUE if any of the children is TRUE

Hello Guys, in this Module I am checking eventual input errors in the "Amount" line item. The 'Error?' line item works fine. This module uses 'Employees#' list, that is hierarchically under 'Business Unit' list.

In another module that uses 'Business Unit' list, I am trying to populate a Boolean to check if there is an error in a business unit. I tried with 'DAT04 Anual Employee Augmentation'.'Error?'[LOOKUP: 'Employees#'.Business Unit] and the same lookup with a module I have that correlates Employees with their respective business units, but in both cases I have an error that says the dimension of is source doesn't match.

Can anoyone help me with this please?

Best Answer

• AjayM
    Answer ✓

Then it must be the time dimension. If you don't have time dimension in the target module, use select upon time.all periods. Hope it's enabled in your model calendar settings?

Answers

• iWonder
    edited October 23

Did you try using ANY: instead of LOOKUP:? ANY is more useful for booleans.. maybe try it out?

https://help.anaplan.com/any-8ad06ef2-8b17-4f21-b2df-990eca953ac4

• I am using "Any" for it.

• AjayM
    edited October 23

If business unit and employee lists have parent and child relation, you don't need to use lookup. Just refer the error lineitem, since it has summary enabled anyways.

Cheers!

• @AjayM I tried this already but it doesn't work. The formula is valid but it doesn't work.

• 'DAT04 Anual Employee Augmentation'.'Error?'[ANY: 'Employees#'.Business Unit]

Like this?

• @iWonder I tried this formula. It is valid but doesn't work. It is just always unchecked for all Business Units.

• @AjayM it works now ! It was indeed the time dimension. Thanks a lot !

• AjayM
    edited October 23

@Ayoubette , if you don't have time dimension in the target module, then it should be 'DAT04 Anual Employee Augmentation'.'Error?'[Select: time.all periods]
    If time dimension is present at the target, then you wouldn't need this select function.