Hi community
I had a field text card published on a page. This card had multiple paragraphs written on it. When I enabled "Rich Text" for the card, all text after the first paragraph disappeared. Is this a common /known issue?
Thanks
@AlejandroGomez - first I've heard of that issue. If you disable the rich text, does the data reappear?
One anomaly I've noticed is the usage of carriage returns, text pasted into a cell within a grid card seems to retain the returns but if you view it in a text field card it's as though they aren't there. Conversely if you use a return in a rich text card, in the cell now contains the html markup. I did a silly little example below to show how the behaviors and displays differ between the various card types.
I think there may be some lessons to be learned here, perhaps there are limitations in using rich text as it seems that once you start any other references to that element in the UX will also need to have rich text applied. https://help.anaplan.com/configure-a-field-card-0be60d06-31a4-46de-94f8-af103911286a
Thanks for the additional insights, @Tiffany.Rice
Edit: I have been trying to replicate the issue, and all I can see now is that all the paragraphs are combined together in a single block of text when Rich Format is enabled. Maybe I just got the impression that some content was missing as a result of this.
@AlejandroGomez - I'm glad to hear that! While frustrating I am sure, it is less concerning that true data loss. Working with text is always a bit tricky when it comes to the formatting elements.
Hi everyone 👋 If you build or maintain Anaplan models, you've probably hit the same walls I kept hitting. Some basic questions about a model's structure have no single screen to answer them. You end up clicking through modules and pages one by one, or writing API scripts just to get a list. These were the gaps that…
Hi Everyone, We have a requirement in Anaplan Consolidation & Reporting (Fluence) where the Entity Structure needs to change effective January 2026. The key requirement is that the existing entity structure should continue to be applicable for all reporting and consolidation periods through December 2025, while the new…
We've been building a tool called aplan4sheets and we'd genuinely like input from this community — both on what we've built so far and on what we should prioritize next. The problem we set out to solve: Anaplan's Excel add-in is Windows-centric, and there's no real native way to pivot Anaplan data in Google Sheets. We…