Data Copy from One Time Period to Another Time Period
The Bulk Copy feature is great for copying data from one time period to another throughout the entire dataset of a Model. However, what if I just want to copy data from one time period to another in a particular module, and not for the entire Model?
In this example, I will show you how to copy data from 2016 to 2017 for a single module. Please see attached screenshots for further clarification.
- In your Source module, create a Line Item called 'Time Line Item'. Format this Line Item so it matches with the time period that you want to copy data to in your Target. In my example, I would like to move all monthly data forward 1 year, from 2016 to 2017.
- Pivot your Source data so your Line Items are in Columns and your Time Periods are in Rows. Save the view.
- Pivot your Target data so your Line Items are in Columns and your Time Periods are in Rows.
- Click on Import and select your Source Saved View
- When configuring your import, point the 'Time Line Item' column to the default Timecale in the Target
- On the Line Items tab of the import, match up the Line Items that you would like to copy data to/from and set the Time Period columns to <Ignore>
- Run the import